Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new in the cobalt community and am enjoying the threads,. Question. Has anyone installed a GMP extrude honed manifold on a 2.2L cobalt with automatic tranny? If so, did it bolt up to the factory down pipe without any problems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It will bolt up just fine to any 2.0 SC, 2.2, 2.4. I was going to get one, but passed on it. Then I found an LSJ mani that I was going to have ported, but passed on that as well. Found a great deal on a header and DP instead.

It will bolt to any of the factory DP's as well. I suggest getting an aftermarket DP and exhaust though (or at least an aftermarket DP and LSJ cat-back). The 2.2 DP is horribly restrictive and until you upgrade that, you won't see gains worth anything. Also, for the price of the Extrude Honed Mani, you can find a very nice header which will give you much more.

One last thing, work in reverse order for exhaust...cat-back first, then header/mani and DP.

The LSJ DP is shorter than the DP's on the auto's...if you use a DP from an LSJ or an aftermarket one made for a manual, it will rub on the front sway bar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
58gearhead

thanks for your input. I will be installing a GMP catback touring system soon. I have an injen CAI and fabbed my own ram air box under the fender, bottom splash shield. I am just looking to upgrade exhaust manifold without getting into any headers or downpipes at this time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had no trouble with the extrude on my balt. It bolted right up. I installed the catback the same day. I installed the DP later. That is when the gain was very noticible. For me, the GMPP was the way to go on the intake, exhaust mani, and cat-back.

But, I had to have the DP custom fit to the system.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The weak link is your DP, so you definitely want to upgrade that like Scag said...You can order one from Racing Solutions, ZZP, or have a custom one made...those are the only ways I know to get one for an auto that will fit just fine. ZZP and RS both have nice products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.