Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where I can get some cheap eyelids? also does anybody have a set of white ones I could see? thanks a bunch!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am going to talk to a grafix shop and see what they can make up I would rather not paint.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm sure small ones would be fine but black-balts may be questionable.. Anybody ever been pulled over for your eyelids?

·
Registered
31 Posts
JDBalt06, where'd you order yours from? I like the looks of these on Cobalts. I like how PLUR13 painted his, but I'd think that'd be hard.

·
Registered
474 Posts
are eyelids legal in most states?
Yeah the eyelids are legal as long as they don't cut out the light... my brother has AVS black covers on his G6 and nobody messes with him, I'm sure if you got a cop with nothing better to do he could stop you but it's highly unlikely. that's the same with my 3rd brake light overlay... but then again I've been stopped for absolutely no reason, the cop said I looked suspicious so if they want to pull you they will, but more than likely they won't mess with you at all..

if you paint it how do you make sure both sides are even and exact? im lookin into doin this possibly
when I did mine I made a template out of paper, I layed the vinyl over the whole headlight and used the template to cut the shape out, so they're both identical.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish my car was black it would make finding the correct color vinyl easier.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its off autotrimdesign.com go under custom graphics and look for balts mine where $40 shipped....im excited to see what it looks like... tons of colors to choose from!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ebay has them too... just careful who you buy from

·
Registered
474 Posts
cool thanks a lot man ill probly give that a try in a couple weeks once i get some moolah
Believe it or not my eyerlids were about $5 I went to a decal shop and got some scrap vinyl sheets for $5 and about 2 hours and plenty of cuss words later I had eyelids, it takes alot of patience, but if you take your time it's not so bad, and very cheap too, I suggest making your own instead of buying precut ones, cuz nobody has the same EXACT eyelids as me, which I love I say be unique, and make your own design just don't get too crazy though make sure it won't affect the light output.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just sent out my order so in a week or two whenever it is i get them ill post pics along with my tinted windows!!!!! Next will be rims then exhaust!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Believe it or not my eyerlids were about $5 I went to a decal shop and got some scrap vinyl sheets for $5 and about 2 hours and plenty of cuss words later I had eyelids, it takes alot of patience, but if you take your time it's not so bad, and very cheap too, I suggest making your own instead of buying precut ones, cuz nobody has the same EXACT eyelids as me, which I love I say be unique, and make your own design just don't get too crazy though make sure it won't affect the light output.
Yeah, black cars. I am not raggin' on you, just a little jelous:cheesy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
ha yeah im pretty much the same with the cussing and no patience lol. thanks for the info tho i appreciate it. and i also love having stuff nobody else has so i like the that idea

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.