Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FrightDoll's Blog
^read this, it's her personal account of how this big company from Germany/United Arab Emirates is going after her project, a project that is making very little money.

This shit is just pissing me off. I happened across this artist a few months or so ago, and she's incredibly talented. Does all her own work on her music, and I mean ALL. What pisses me off the most is that this company signed her on and is now trying to destory her. I don't know what I'm missing here, but it's just not making any sense. They're going after her every project, even after she filed for breach of contract and termination.

I don't know how many of you would care, because I don't know how many of you even know of her and her music. It's industrial, almost techno, and I think it's brilliant that she puts it all together alone. I've got her second CD and one other song, both of which this [email protected] company have pulled from iTunes citing "infringments". I'm just pissed off and think that more people should know about this abuse of power... Maybe if more people know about it, something can get done about it. If I had money to spare, I'd seriously consider donating it. Federal court cases are not cheap.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they're making any money off her though. Everything she's put out since breaking with them has made about 50 euros or dollars (can't remember, only about $100 differnece) in royalties. That won't even cover what they spent thinking about going after her.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hi coffintramp - thx for posting this. i follow these stories with the music industry and RIAA (and the MPAA) a lot, especially over the last several years. it's atrocious the claims they come up with! pisses me off too. hey if you really wanna get the word out on this, post it to slashdot.org - they often post these type of stories from submitters and there's a high readership for these incidents. not sure how many people out there already know about her case, but either way it could really help her if more ppl were aware of it/publicity.

p.s. - i hadn't heard of her before, so i listened to some of her mp3s on her myspace - has a very cool sound - i like it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
my guitar teacher is a producer, hes big in the music industry. Votes on grammys, worked with the game, ll cool j, taught the keyboard player in aerosmith, and some other things too.

He told me the music industry is the most ****ed up industry ever. Worse then the U.S government he tells me lol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
my guitar teacher is a producer, hes big in the music industry. Votes on grammys, worked with the game, ll cool j, taught the keyboard player in aerosmith, and some other things too.

He told me the music industry is the most ****ed up industry ever. Worse then the U.S government he tells me lol.
now that's pretty darn messed up, lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I think I will. I'm trying to write up something that sounds a little more put together, less rambling and more informative.

I love music, but I hate that so little of the money actually gets to the artists.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thanks, I think I will. I'm trying to write up something that sounds a little more put together, less rambling and more informative.

I love music, but I hate that so little of the money actually gets to the artists.
hey g'luck with the write-up

and i feel the same - it's good to see more artists going with their own labels or small private labels in the last decade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.