Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing as I just bought Cobalt SS/TC seats, I have no need for the stock ones. These are NOT the G85 edition Recaro seats. While these are an upgrade over the cloth seats, they are not meant to hold you snug for aggressive cornering.

These are the stock seats, and they have been in the car since it it rolled out of Lordstown in May 2005.

Anyways. Starting off, please post your interest and location in this thread (PM's will be ignored since I simply do not have the inbox space). I will start PM'ing interested parties by order of interest (By time/date order out of the pool of posts from G5Club, Your Cobalt, and CSS.net) once I have the seats swapped out. I will make a note that I do not accept personal checks. I perfer paypal. Cash is also fine if someone local buys them and I deliver them.

Price: $400 + Shipping. Not looking to do trades, especially for your stockers.

Shipping note: I perfer to sell these seats to someone in the greater Pittsburgh Area to make this easy (I can just drop them off myself). For freight shipping, I will likely ship them via Greyhound for cost effectiveness. I cannot ship the front seats via UPS/FedEx Ground due to weight limitations. If you have a preferred freight carrier, please make the arrangements.

Airbag sensor note: This seat does NOT come with the passenger weight sensor. You will either need to transfer the one from your stock seat, or somehow rig it to keep the passenger bag enabled. I have no clue how to rig the system.

Noted issues: These seats are in pretty good shape for being as old as they are and through a previous owner that I didn't know the habits of. There are no major tears or cracking in the leather. The only leather damage I could find was on the perforated seat bottom (driver seat) where it appears that the previous owner's jeans likely snagged. These should not catch the eye of your passengers unless they're staring directly at and looking for it. This marring is not deep enough to cause the structural integrity of the leather to be compromised. There is wear on the seatbelt guides just from normal operation of the seatbelts. I will also make a note that the front clip of the passenger cover has come undone, but this is a common issue, so it can be remedied by simply clipping it back in. The rear seats and headrests are in excellent shape.

What is included?: This is for the entire seat kit. You will get the driver and passenger front seats as well as the rear 60/40 bench and their headrests. I am not willing to part out.

Pics: are here. This is a slideshow gallery.

If you have any questions, certainly do ask.

Thank you for looking,
Nighthawk243.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greyhound (yes, the bus line) will shop large packages for very cheap. So far I've shipped three Protege bumpers, a couple hoods, and seats through them. It averages around $65 within the USA.

Here is their website.. Greyhound PackageXpress
Thank you for the suggestion. I will be sure to remember that.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. Changed shipping info, also noted that the seats are now out of the car and ready. Removed 'firm' from the price point.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hmm...i should buy them and get mike palm to hold onto them for a year

·
Registered
611 Posts
The passenger seat air bag sensor is not too difficult. You take apart the old cloth one and take the sensor out and put it in the new seat. I should have made a how to when I did it... GLWS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.