Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just tried applying vinyl fender stripes.
Now I don't think I'm going to try modding any more. If I had such F***ING S***TY results with something as simple as vinyl, I can kiss my dreams of a unique cobalt goodbye.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Man, sorry the vinyl didn't turn out so good. But don't throw in the towel! Some mods go well, some go terribly. It's all part of the learning experience.

And remember, nothing is final, unless of course you burn down your car like agita... :blink1:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Try starting with something easier, like painting the trim inside.
A little patience and persistence and you'll be fine, dont give up so easily.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You really consider painting the interior trim to be easier than applying vinyl fender stripes? I haven't painted the interior yet because the how-to is VERY intimidating. If it's easier than vinyl, I'll be rounding up the supplies before long :p

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just tried applying vinyl fender stripes.
Now I don't think I'm going to try modding any more. If I had such F***ING S***TY results with something as simple as vinyl, I can kiss my dreams of a unique cobalt goodbye.
The trick is peel backing only as you go and press the air bubbles out along with the install. All this has to be done on freshly cleaned paint.

And don't F#@%?N rush.

·
Registered
170 Posts
sounds like me. one lil thing goes wrong and im selling the car lol

but no for real dont let lil things like this work you up. have someone give you a hand

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I myself don't have very much luck with mods, it just takes persistence and now i've done my interior trim, vinyl, exhaust, tail lights, and many more. It's all part of the learning experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm having a mechanic help me put them on this time. At this point, it's more of a "Take THAT, Cobalt" thing than anything else. I don't even want the vinyl any more, but Sheila (my balt) needs to learn her place in this relationship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.