Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently have decided that I'm going to change my transmission fluid for my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. I think it's due for the fluid change. When going to change the transmission fluid I noticed the drain plug was heavily stripped. I tried my best get it out, but no luck. I have a plan on how to get it out using a chisel, but my concern is that the bolt will most likely not survive after that and I was looking to find a replacement bolt. I have scoured the internet, but could not find a replacement bolt anywhere. If anyone can help me find one or at least give some bolt dimensions the help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That kinda thing I just grab a couple from the junkyard for. I have 2 spare f23s. I can pull one if you want

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Crate Engin Depot might have something in the cobalt store section. Also GM Part Direct will proably have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted Crate Engine Depot about the particular part and Tom was able to help me find the part I needed. I ended up ordering it from them. With parts like these they have to special order it and he said it would take about a week to ship. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I contacted Crate Engine Depot about the particular part and Tom was able to help me find the part I needed. I ended up ordering it from them. With parts like these they have to special order it and he said it would take about a week to ship. Thanks for the help!
Tom is always great at helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts