Royal Purple 75w140 Gear Oil
Royal Purple Syncromax Transmission Fluid
AP Racing Front 6 Piston Calipers w/15″ Drilled & Slotted Rotors
AP Racing Rear Drilled & Slotted Rotors
Custom DPF Delete & Down Pipe
H&S Black Maxx Power Programmer
Magnaflow Muffler & Tips
Billetclamp.com Billet Slim Smoothies Shock Clamps
Chrome Aluminum 4- Gallon Air Tanks (x4)
Kelderman 12″ Air Ride Lift Kit
Prism Powder Coating
Totally Stainless Bolts

At allmost 10,000 pounds with 40 inch tires and 12 inches of lift i think it did pretty good.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice truck...
Im 6' tall and I would need an extension ladder to get in there lol XD
But seriously...nice truck

·
Registered
274 Posts
nice to see you did the DPF delete but why did you choose H&S Programmer instead of custom tuning? Granted 14.6 is decent for that diesel but it has soo much more in it !!!

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
nice to see you did the DPF delete but why did you choose H&S Programmer instead of custom tuning? Granted 14.6 is decent for that diesel but it has soo much more in it !!!
H&S helped us network a little, as well did a few other companies, if you notice the vinly on the rear of the truck. We got to know allot of people thru this build and thru SEMA. The truck was on the cover of Trckin in February, it will be on the cover of 8 Lug and Diesel World this summer. It was in the Kelderman booth at sema and it is the road armor truck on the full rear cover of the Truckin 2010 parts catalog, it is in RBP's catalog and as well as many others. Sometimes when you do a very costly build you need help here and there and when people help you, you use their products.
Plus the tune in the programmer was a one off at the time we installed it, our truck was used to help produce that tune.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
where do I get me some air bags that huge? lol and if I'm not mistaken I think I spy 5 yellow tops instead of 4?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where do I get me some air bags that huge? lol and if I'm not mistaken I think I spy 5 yellow tops instead of 4?
Off of a freightliner, and yea 5 in the bed, 2 up front. The 5 in the rear run the 4 compressors and the stereo, and the 2 up front run the rest of the truck. Just got back with from a show with it tonight.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
sweet! and yeah I figured those must be off a big truck lol. I say we need some vid of this truck. do the air tanks pretty much empty out instantly with those huge bags? wow I love this kinda stuff. hardcore custom fab work ftw

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
sweet! and yeah I figured those must be off a big truck lol. I say we need some vid of this truck. do the air tanks pretty much empty out instantly with those huge bags? wow I love this kinda stuff. hardcore custom fab work ftw
Yea the Compressors work pretty quick, and we have 4 of them and then 4 tanks so each bag has it's own set. But the compressors and stereo will kill all 5 of those yellow tops in no time at all. Indoor shows are nice because we usually have power so we have two lowprofile trickle chargers that we put under the truck so we can play all day.

Custm fab work yea there was allot. Most of it is little stuff that no one notices, like the bed rails and the tailgate, The stereo is 100 hours easy, parts of the suspension, Kelderman only makes a 10 in. bag lift and we used 12 in. bags, so we had to fab up some parts, some of the interior work, we put together and took apart the suspension numerous times to get it right. Every single bolt on the truck was replaced with a stainless steel bolt, maybe 3 people that i have talked to at shows noticed that. The paint was a nightmare, those PIAA lights were not made to fit in that bumper at all. 3-4 months of nights and weekends, 2-3 guys helping.

Learned allot tho, and tried allot of new shit. simple custom work like the diff covers, Got them powdercoated and put them on a belt sander.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah dude I noticed the dif. cover right away lol. I can't express how much I love and appreciate this kind of work! so awesome. I could stare at this truck for hours and hours if I saw it in real life. I have the desire to build this kind of stuff but it's so consuming in with hours and money lol. My Blazer needs to get some more attention soon. this thread is giving me some motivation.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yeah dude I noticed the dif. cover right away lol. I can't express how much I love and appreciate this kind of work! so awesome. I could stare at this truck for hours and hours if I saw it in real life. I have the desire to build this kind of stuff but it's so consuming in with hours and money lol. My Blazer needs to get some more attention soon. this thread is giving me some motivation.
Wait till you see the 20B 3 rotor rx7 we will hopefully be somewhat finishing this summer. 1000 HP baby only been working on this one for about 6 years

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.