Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching for "dye" and such, but didnt get many hits.

Has anyone used any sort of dye to somehow change either their seats or floor in their car? If so, what dye did you use and what was the change in color?(ex. from brown to black)

Im not going to try changing my seat color, but if it was possible, and looked good, Id like to darken all the carpet.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, thats what im worried about. haha I dont trust random websites and their before/after pics. Im hoping to find someone here thats used something with some success or failure so as to steer me in one direction or another.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i cant remember who, but someone posted on here how they used a rattle can dye, they used it to change their headliner color, looked real nice

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've seen it done where it looks ok but honestly, not that great. my recomendation is try to find the black cloth seats instead

·
Registered
474 Posts
I used duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint on my back dash board in my car, changed it from tan to black, it turned out alright, idk about doing seats with it, because it might rub off over time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I used duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint on my back dash board in my car, changed it from tan to black, it turned out alright, idk about doing seats with it, because it might rub off over time.
I used this on my carbet ceiling and floor mats. Turned out great. Just make sure you put a lot of coats on it.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Just spill lots of stuff on it, it'll be tie dye.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would stay away from the Duplicolor Fabric/Vinyl Dyes.... They leave a stiff feeling to any surface painted... It is more of a paint than a dye. If it was a true dye, then it would need more than 15 min to dry, then it would need washed and rinsed...

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
My friend painted the fabric on his Monte Carlo's door panels with that, and it feels fine...

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you're still looking to dye the fabric i found the thread, on the other forum but none the less

cobaltss . net/forums/appearance-48/boredom-works-out-sometimes-209038/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.