Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the people that did my headliner, Asylum Custom interiors, are gonna make me custom seats as well. Because I wanna keep with the clean look, and want something easy to clean, I'm leaning towards all black seats with orange stitching.

Here is where I am looking for ideas.

What kinda fabrics (nothing rediculously expensive, plz) do you guys recommend for this? The seats are gonna hopefully be bolstered and made to be more like racing seats if all goes well. No leather.

But I'm open for suggestions.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've got a velour (similar to suede or velvet) fabric for my seat covers and door panels. it's super soft, and looks really nice. And it doesn't heat up or get cold so no matter the weather you don't end up sitting in uncomfortable seats. But it gets dirty very easy, but my experiance could be because I have cheap seat covers, the material I used for my door panels seems to hold it's own well.

What is Velour?

it was one of the more expensive fabrics at the fabric store when I bought the stuff for my door panels...so no promises, but I love it and would recommend at least looking into it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say suede like your headliner.
That really looked nice. I loved the fact that they were able to your parking brake handle also.
Thank you :D Suede seats are a durability thing, really.

got a picture of your headliner?
From my iphone.

Armrest and Ebrake

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would say leather but you already said no to that. other than that I guess suede works to match your interior, but for me I would go with something like not fuzzy. can't remember any names. kinda like schoolbag material or something.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
polyester, flannel

I never liked the feel of jersey, but it dries and cleans easy. microfiber soils easy and can be tough to clean. vinyl gets HOT here and I'd never use it for a seat. Cotton and flannel is soft and cheap, but colors tend to fade quickly IMO.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, they called me back last night. this was their suggestion.

"How about high end black vinyl for side and back with Black suede top plate and Bright orange double reinforced stitching. Send Fox Logo and I can raise it and stitch around it to bring it out more"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.