Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 cobalt Ls

Im looking for a store i could go to for fabric for reupholstering my front and back seats any ideas? not sure what kinda of fabric im looking for so just give me some ideas and where i can get it from.

Im looking to reupholster that ugly gray fabric on the front door panels what kind of fabric should i use and where can i get it?

Thank you for any help
-Tom

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
"joanns" is a local fabric store that i got my stuff from. Just go in and look around.. You should find what you are looking for

·
Registered
750 Posts
my friend used suede on his seats and it turned out great. I have used suede on my door inserts and rear deck and love it. Duffy has used a vinyl almost pleather like material which looks good too and is easy to clean.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
"joanns" is a local fabric store that i got my stuff from. Just go in and look around.. You should find what you are looking for
I think Joanns is a big corp, cause theres a couple of em by me. Thats where my mom buys all her fabric, she says they got the best prices.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys theres a joanns by the mall so ill head out there today and let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
good luck at joanns! for what its worth, walmart (at least mine) has a pretty big selection. thats where i got my fabric from. and because its walmart the prices are rather cheap

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
good luck at joanns! for what its worth, walmart (at least mine) has a pretty big selection. thats where i got my fabric from. and because its walmart the prices are rather cheap
BAH, dont go to walmart. i hate walmart, i hear they eat babies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys ok i went to joanns they had some block vinyl there that looked pretty good but it was $37 a yard so i wanna no is this gonna be hard to do? i dont wanna try it and ruin the fabric. what do i need for the door inserts? do i need some kind of fabric glue or do i jus sew it in or what?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The vinyl i got was only like 11 bucks a yard. you will only need one yard. To make it stick you will need some spray adhesive

check out g5club.net there is a great how-to for recovering them on that site

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did my driver side door insert yesterday when it was 80 degrees out and it took quite a long time about 3 hours got a nice sunburn to prove it..lol but i think it turned out great ill get some pics up later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I did my driver side door insert yesterday when it was 80 degrees out and it took quite a long time about 3 hours got a nice sunburn to prove it..lol but i think it turned out great ill get some pics up later today or tomorrow.[/Q

Wheres the pics!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I was thinking of doing some blue leather. I just need to find where to get the material from as we don't have any of the places mentioned here lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.