Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of my lights on the exterior of the car primarily are either HID or LED with a clear lens. How hard would it be and does anyone know how to fabricate a new lens for the side markers at the rear of the vehicle?

I almost am at the point of just painting them black to match the body and removing the bulb, I just dont like that style of lens when everything else is a different style.

Let the ideas roll.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
nightshades or paint or vinyl over them all work well.. I eventually tried all 3 on my black LT.. when well done I still like glossy nightshades over black paint as you can still see through it at night for "safety purposes" if you want to call them that

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

heres a pic I have of them on with 3-4 coats of nightshades, 3 coats of clear and some buffing

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

when they were off they looked more like this

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

i do know of a way to make clear ones, but I never found it cost efficient to try and make them as supplies were fairly expensive to get (~$100) and in the end I never knew if the idea would truly work out

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got like two shots of VHT on them now. I would rather just have black as night. This winter I'll just put a couple more coats on and clear 'em. Probably take the bulb out too.

I was expecting the it's gonna cost ya response. At this stage in the game I'm more into money in the engine than money in the look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.