Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this website and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about these.

I have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt LT, It has Cruise but not the audio controls on the right side of the steering wheel I was wanting to know if I could buy a steering wheel that has them or the controls themselves and install them and if so how hard would it be? I would imagine since I already have the cruise controls I should already have the wiring for the audio controls but I'm honestly not sure.

I'm also wanting to install factory remote start, but I know nothing about that obviously I would need the remote with the button on it but I wouldn't even know where to start to even look for it on the car itself.

I know I can get aftermarket versions of both these things but I want it to be factory. I think it looks cleaner and I just like it more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
For audio controls you might be able to add them, you will need to source the buttons and wire harness for them. There is a post about it somewhere, I'll see if I can find that. As far as factory remote start, I do not know. There might be a way to get it, and I do you will need someone with TECH2 to go in and activate that remote start feature, but I do not know what else you will need to make it work.

Honestly for the radio controls, I don't really ever use mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was noticing that other LTs do not have the stereo controls like mine, or a leather wrapped wheel.

For the remote start, I believe you’ll have to go through the dealership. Also will need buy the key fobs and have it all programmed. To avoid the aftermarket stuff anyways. I have tried to program my key fob, but it never did work. I have a brand new one too.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Your LT is most likely wired for the audio buttons. They can be purchased direct from GM or located at the salvage yard. That or get a stock SS leather wrapped wheel. It should be a direct swap for you.
I defanatly would NOT install and aftermarket remote start.
When the problems happen on them, they have been known to cause all sorts of issues that can’t be quickly isolated and ends up costing way more to fix. Just to prove it was or was not the aftermarket remote start system was messing up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts