Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Personally I am glad I did not get that spoiler for my sedan. I got the low rise coupe spoiler and I think it looks better. There is a thread here that has a sedan with that wing and it doesnt look good on a sedan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks nice but the thing is i want my cobalt look like a racing car......if u get me..........and i think with that spoiler would look good.....im still undecided.........

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

here is my cobalt.......

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Honestly I think the race car look will be hard to get on a sedan, but I would start from the ground up, and do wheels and ride height before looking at the wing or wingless deal.

I just think that getting her lower, flattening out the rake, and getting rimz might have an effect on the type of wing or body kit you may want. You might want to also get rid of the parking strips and maybe the exhaust can.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im thinking of black n chrome rims on it and about the exhaust i barely got it from a friend that gave it to me..it sounds very deep n loud......

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
IMO You should make it perform like a race car before you make it look Like a "race car" just my 2 cents
1/2 the time though getting a car to look like a race car is the cheaper option people choose to take, and unfortunatly most stop there, as long as you dont stop and match the performance to the looks, why not start with the visual upgrades, As long as you don't stop there!

Will MPG really a race car look is not hard to get on a sedan, look at the wrx's, & Lancers, Hell even nascars been doing for years, Impalas, and Chargers (neither come with a coupe option) When theres a will theres a way.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Hell even nascars been doing for years, Impalas, and Chargers (neither come with a coupe option) When theres a will theres a way.
The NASCAR cars are all the same anyway they just put stickers ont eh cars to make them look similar to what is offered to the public. That is why NASCAR is not called stock car anymore, also how Toyota got into the mix. But they are bringing back cars that look and resemble the cars you can buy at a dealer soon, the Mustangs and the Challengers.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I know there all the same, but they do resemble there public sedan options not only with the stickers but with the curvature of the bodys. The point is that even a sedan can look like a good race car. The reason I used the Charger and the Impala is because they resemble the real life cars they are tagged as. As for how toyota got into nascar idk, They are using a non production V8, which as I last recall was what got the Hemi engine banned in the first place. But thats beyond this thread

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I know there all the same, but they do resemble there public sedan options not only with the stickers but with the curvature of the bodys. The point is that even a sedan can look like a good race car. The reason I used the Charger and the Impala is because they resemble the real life cars they are tagged as. As for how toyota got into nascar idk, They are using a non production V8, which as I last recall was what got the Hemi engine banned in the first place. But thats beyond this thread
The cars are all the same now, the bodies are the same as well as the chassis, the stickers make them look different, same way that you can use paint to make a vehicle look larger, smaller, lower, or higher. All the engines are made by 2 or 3 builders to NASCAR specs, they do not use anything factory like they used to in the past.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
wow very dissapointing

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
It wsnt the engine that got banned it was the car that it was in, the Superbirds and the original Daytonas, aerodynamics years ahead of hteir time, they made just enough to be able to be called production cars so that they could race them. Those cars are selling in excess of $500K in decent shape, because of their limited numbers.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
It wsnt the engine that got banned it was the car that it was in, the Superbirds and the original Daytonas, aerodynamics years ahead of hteir time, they made just enough to be able to be called production cars so that they could race them. Those cars are selling in excess of $500K in decent shape, because of their limited numbers.
Not true the ban was in 65 before the superbirds, and daytonas were even imagined, They were used in Plymouth Belvederes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
a race car look is not hard to get on a sedan, look at the wrx's, & Lancers, Hell even nascars been doing for years, Impalas, and Chargers (neither come with a coupe option) When theres a will theres a way.
But guess what! Those aren't cheap economy cars like ours are!

Hate to break it to you, but you are not going to be able to make it look like a race car, it is a 4 door econo box. How many 4 door econo box race cars do you see on TV?
Exactly.

IMO You should make it perform like a race car before you make it look Like a "race car" just my 2 cents
This.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.