Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the XM box is located in the cobalt coupe??? I have heard behind the glove and on the rear deck.

·
Registered
768 Posts
YESSSSS!!!!! I finally got to one before any one else!!!!!!!! It's located under the rear deck (behind your rear seats) If you want pics or maybe a DIY on how to get to it let me know while I still have mine off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I am guessing its inbetween the cover and the deck??? Is that right?

·
Registered
768 Posts
yep. Carefull when taking out the cover there are tabs in the back thatll break if not do right. I'll post some pics tomorrow or later tonight if I get a chance

·
Registered
768 Posts
I took a few pic last night for reference

This is the tab that I was talking about

you can see there's two tabs on the top of the board.

The tabs will be in one of these holes. I used a pair of pliers and pinched the tab and pushed up.

M

·
0 Posts
what did you do to remove the deck completely? pull the back-seat out and unhook the seatbelts?

·
Registered
768 Posts
yes. You'll have to pull out the bottom part of your rear seats. And you will also have to unbolt the seat belts so that you can pull them through the rear deck. You will also have to remove the the two head rests. I can do a DIY on this if people are interested

M

·
0 Posts
ive already ripped appart a cobalt's rear deck, in my 05, but i got "creative" when removing it :D

you should do a DIY with pics on removing the rear deck PROPERLY :D
it would make a very nice addition to the A/V section

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is something I want to tackle sometime in the future. When I get my taxes in, I'm gonna hit that dirt cheap electronics store and get some speakers and a HU. I want to have the speaker sticking out so I will need a DIY..hint...hint...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.