Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today... decided to wash my car, since the condos I live in don't have an outside hose hook up, I always run my house from the laundry room from the washer hook up through the garage to the outside.

Hooked it up, ran the hose outside washed the car and started drying it off... about 10 minutes later my room-mate comes outside and tells me the house is being flooded.. went inside and saw that the hose ripped apart right in the laundry room. It flooded the laundry room, kitchen and water is leaking out of the lights downstairs. Had to rent a rugdoctor to get most of the water out of the carpet and now going to wait for ceiling to dry up to start fixing the drywall :-(.

Fail.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hose fail for sure, what did we learn today?

NO more walmart $10 dollar hoses.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
the fail boat has arrived. all aboaaaaaaaaard! seriously tho thats fuqed up

·
Registered
931 Posts
th condo my parents own in LBI dont have one either... yer not alone

·
Registered
318 Posts
Reminds me of what happened to us a couple years ago. My bf was pulling his silverado out of the carport when he realized the hose was looped over the tow ball. So he pulled it off and went to the store to grab a few things. When we got back less than an hour later, water was pouring out of our house, from under the doors and one wall. Turns out when he yanked the hose with the truck it broke the water pipe inside the wall which proceeded to flood everything on that end of the house from the inside. The carpet was in desperate need of replacing anyway but needless to say this little incident jump-started our plans to install laminate floors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.