Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I failed my recon inspection today, which means I won't be able to pass my cars safety check.
Why did I fail my recon? My front suspension is too stiff, I have a YC.com decal and a pedobear decal on the rear pass. side window, and my intake needs to be bolted on more securely. The decals are easy, the intake is easy but how do I get my front springs to soften up? Plus I have the exact same type of springs that glowbalt had when he got his recon inspection and he passed...wtf? If I cut the stock springs will it have more "give?" I was thinling I could cut my stockers get the inspection done and then throw my drop springs back on afterwards...so I'd only be rocking the cut springs for a day or 2. So do you guys think cut springs will be soft enough for the guy to push on my car with "minimal effort" and get about an inch or so of give? I'm not going to try to rock the cut springs forever this is JUST to pass my inspection. I need this decal cuz my safety is due by the end of the month. I know it's cutting it close but today was the first available appointment for the recon inspection (I made the appt. in august btw) I know theres guys on here who have cut springs and I know like 50 people are gonna say "DON'T CUT SPRINGS" But again this is purely for this inspection. Once the inspection is done I'll go back to the springs that are on the car now.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah, if you cut stock springs your car will be lowered like the sportlines but will have more give, because the stock springs are made for a larger ride height and a softer ride, they have more movement than aftermarket lowering springs

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW: The recon inspection is an inspection required by honolulu county if you have a car with any kind of mods to your suspension, wheels greater than 1.5 inches over stock and some engine work. So I can't get this inspection with my stock springs. unless I cut them. lol And there's really no fooling the guy who does the inspection, he's been doing them for years and kinda knows his shit.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is only one place on the island that does the inspections, so I technically did go to the same place as glow :p

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can put my stock springs on and get my safety done and then put my drop springs on after, but if I ever get pulled over for any reason and the cop notices I'm dropped and don't have a recon permit thats some big fines!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx flash, thats what I wanted to hear :) So I'm thinking I'm gonna swap All my springs to stock just so I can get my safety done, then cut the ******s so I can get my recon, then swap them all out for my ssi springs...lol

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

@camo: no shit man. I fricken hate the BS we gotta deal with out here :(

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
WTF is up with failing you because of DECALS?!?!?!?!
Some states only allow STATE decals on your windows. Virginia was so anal about that in 2001, that I almost got failed for my DOD stickers in Newport News. Then the moron realized what the sticers were. Actually had to take the top off of the Jeep to pass, had stickers on the soft top windows.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They said that the law states that no decals will be placed on any of the windows where they are able to be seen from inside the car. And the recon is technically only a one time deal. Once you have it, you have it.

And omg, the nearly failed you for your base stickers? wtf?

·
Registered
867 Posts
why not just go the place glow went and why would you need to cut the springs? just put the stock ones on, ride high for a few days then put the other ones back on
wtf kind of bullshit is that, but a lowered cobalt is about the same height as a normal honda civic lol
what a croc a shit to the permit deal

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dude....... I know its a far drive to get to recon..... did you have a full tank o gas when you showed up? My car had NO give in it when he pushed down on it with my sportlines but still passed me.... and I had a FULL tank.... your a fairly big, err average sized guy.... next time you go YOU grab under your bumper when your parked there waiting to get inspected and lift UP on that shizzle. Bounce it a little, and then hold it UP..... so it rests or settles at the top.... so when douche walks over to press down on it, its got some give.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Dude....... I know its a far drive to get to recon..... did you have a full tank o gas when you showed up? My car had NO give in it when he pushed down on it with my sportlines but still passed me.... and I had a FULL tank.... your a fairly big, err average sized guy.... next time you go YOU grab under your bumper when your parked there waiting to get inspected and lift UP on that shizzle. Bounce it a little, and then hold it UP..... so it rests or settles at the top.... so when douche walks over to press down on it, its got some give.
so whats this mean?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.