Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2081 - 2094 of 2094 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Yeah? I almost got run off the road by a Merc CLA who just nonchalantly merged into my lane and cut me off on the highway, forcing me to brake. Leaned on the horn for a good 5 seconds. He dives back into his lane, then signals to take my lane. Yeah, too late for that fuccboi, I speed up to fill the gap. He slows down, put on my four-ways and slowly went by.

I'm starting to learn not to expect people to keep their lanes. Imagine people will pull out and be prepared to slow or dodge.

I also saw Rogue One. Did not feature Jar Jar. Very disappointed. 0/10.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Guy on the cruze forums told me to lower my tire pressure by 2psi from 32 to 30. Thinks that's why my traction blows.
I run ours at 40 psi, makes it through anything unless you high-center it completely on snow - which then just becomes a fight against physics - where physics wins.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm hoping if I leave traction control on next storm that it climbs well. If not than I stand by my belief that xi3 are not Superior to every tire, actually inferior to plenty cheaper tires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,084
Hankook or nothing!!!

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I'm hoping if I leave traction control on next storm that it climbs well. If not than I stand by my belief that xi3 are not Superior to every tire, actually inferior to plenty cheaper tires.
You're belief, not shared by anyone else. Ours are fantastic - as has been the sentiment from every other person I've known with Xi3s, plenty of those being car enthusiasts. The only times they have not been able to get us out of a situation is when my wife drove the car over areas with more than a foot of snow, where no tire in the world could get her car out of. They plow through everything else, without issue, while being significantly better than the Fuel Maxes at wet/dry on-road performance.

You may need to adjust your driving style - because if you and only you seem to have these issues, well, that leaves one factor not shared with the rest of us happy customers...or you're running way too low of a pressure. You don't want a wider contact patch in the winter - lowering the tire pressure would do just that.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Well I ran 50psi than 45 psi and now 32. I may need to adjust my driving style a bit. Not sure what I could do though. I've taken xi2 tires off a previous car and put on uniroyal tiger paws and all my issues were gone. I've driven in snow for 10 years now and the only tires I have issues with are x-ice tires.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Maybe I'm just being completely unrealistic on my hill. Everywhere else they're fine

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Coby, isn't that nuts? One day I was at an intersection waiting at a light with my brother in my passenger seat. My light turned green and thankfully I always check both ways when I pull even through a green light. This is mostly because I've seen ambulances drive through without their siren on but with the lights flashing.. anyway just as I was ready to pull into the intersection to go straigjt across the road a lifted s10 with a big brush guard comes barreling through at like 50 or 60mph. Which I believe is almost 100kmph, right? The limit on that road is 40mph, and it's a fairly busy area. So you'd think people would be driving closer to the limit.. especially since this area has like 6 lights in the span of about 2 miles

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
People are dumb no matter what they do.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Sitting at work waiting for 7 to go in. This will be a stupid day of doing all the prep for the boys coming in tonight. Just glad I'm not doing all the hammer drilling.

In other news the streets are clear and my xi3 tires did very well on my hill :)

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
2081 - 2094 of 2094 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.