Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: Which is better fatmat or dynamat for my trunk?

R

·
0 Posts
oh wow..i've never heart of fatmat...but i've heard great things about dynamat.

Since I haven't heard of the other I guess I really can't answer your question, but If you do go with Dynamat, depending on the size you go with it works wonders in your car. *nods*

M

·
0 Posts
^^^worthless member

Dynamat is most popular

Dynamat Xtreme is very easy to work with, comes backed with adhesive so you just clean the surface, let it dry and apply

Regular Dynamat requires a heatgun

R

·
0 Posts
Why don't you grow up and stop with the putdowns. I didn't come back for drama seems like you can't help it.

He thinks I"m worthless, but alot of my Friends use Dynamat and there's a noticeably big difference. Depending on the thickness. Some cars need heavy thickness others don't. Not quite sure about the balt. I had the stock sub in there and didn't need anything.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think the only difference is the price. dynamat is expecive in the long run. I don't think there is a difference in the product. there is also a product called eDead. I just heard that it doesn't have a smell. Your best bet for large gaps is to use both a "soft" spray foam or an upholstery foam and the Dynamat (or whatever you choose). don't forget that if you have that black plastic peice under your bumper to do something with that...cause that rattles like an sob

·
Registered
673 Posts
^^^worthless member

Dynamat is most popular

Dynamat Xtreme is very easy to work with, comes backed with adhesive so you just clean the surface, let it dry and apply

Regular Dynamat requires a heatgun
Hey M4, how much does dynomat weight? Let's say I dynomatted my trunk would that add a significant amount of weight?

Sorry for the thread jack. :)

M

·
0 Posts
dynamat xtreme is prety heavy stuff, IMO but is lighter than regular dynamat

this site...Dynamat Xtreme Wedge Pak (10425) | DependableResource - Dynamat Xtreme Wedge Pak (10425)

says that a 18"x32" piece of daynamat weights about 13.23lbs so if my math is correct...

dynamat extreme weights .28 lbs/sq.ft.

a dynamat extreme trunk kit comes with 5 18x32 sheets so thats... 66.15lbs...

wow, i thought it was a lot heavier than that.....lol

all math is based on the weight specs from that site though

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea that is quite a bit of weigh to add i heard it works well tho

·
Registered
265 Posts
i know you know that i know that blackbalt knows that nugz knows who i know should be off that list :D
Can someone hand me my head back...?

That's deffinately one for a sig though...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Lets get this thread back on topic !

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok. So the mat helps reduce vibration noise? On the outside of the car or both? I haven't seen a system in a balt that sounded bad on the inside, the outside sounds like crap though? I assume that's what it's for anyways. How much do you apply, do you have to gut the trunk and hit every inch or would that be over doing it? Sides? Under side of the rear window deck?

M

·
0 Posts
helps with both

the more the better but i would imagine that pieces placed in strategic locations would be comparably effective

·
Registered
265 Posts
And by comparably effective strategic locations you mean?

i.e. Bob has a hangover and just wants to know where to put the shazbot for maximum boom...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.