Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read around for a little bit and tried to look it up. but i dont know what FE1s or FE 5s are. how do i know what i have? i just orderd the lowering springs. the eibach kit. and i read a post saying the my FE 1s wont last if i get these. but i dont know what i have. suspension is completely stock right now. i own a 2006 cobalt ls. can somone help me out please. and yes im a noob. im just starting to slowly performance mod my car.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

okay i just read....the i do have FE1...and i just read that i should be fine untill i upgrade the rest of my suspension to. sorry didnt mean to waist anyones time.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Go with FE5 SS/TC shocks and struts, they're a good upgrade for lowering springs when your FE1 setup starts to give out.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Leaning towards FE5 SS/TC suspension and Pedders springs in the future :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
FEx is just the RPO code for the suspension package. We talk alot in RPO codes, so if you just see a random 3 letter code, we're using RPO codes.

FE1 is the base suspension, FE3 is SS 2.4/Sport/G5GT, and FE5 is the Cobalt SS suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.