Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you can't find them used, check out rockauto.com for FE5 struts from the 08+ SS's. Prices are pretty good there.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
they have the fe5-s (cobalt ss/tc) shocks and struts kit on crateenginedepot.com as well for a decent price. That's where I bought mine.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
you probably won't find anyone selling their fe5 at all to be honest. if you have more things to buy, maybe you can email CED and talk to tom to see if he can make you a deal, whether it be cheaper parts or free shipping

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Last time I called they would not ship to Canada, but are apparently setting up a warehouse somewhere in Canada and should be able to provide a service to us northerners soon.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Unless soon is already here.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see on the website that they have the shipping rates form my location like 55$ of shipping but if i email tom like you said you think he can ma me a price ? what i say to im im in the cobalt forum ? lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Last time I called they would not ship to Canada, but are apparently setting up a warehouse somewhere in Canada and should be able to provide a service to us northerners soon.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Unless soon is already here.....
...I bought my FE5-S struts and shocks from them. They gladly shipped to Canada. This was 2 summers ago though.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

311.66 + raping ass of shipping to canada ? lol
Cost me just over $300 shipped for them when I bought em, they must have gone up in price since....

worth the money IMO. Still cheaper with shipping than buying in Canada. And you're getting legitimate GM parts.

Had these on my cobalt for over 2 years with B&G springs (biggest drop for our cars in terms of springs) and they are still in great condition, no leak or anything.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i think its the best combo almost as good as a perfect set of T&A ;)

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
all right man thanks do you think ssc + fe5 strut and shocks for my cobalt ls is a good combo ?
yeah, I've heard decent things about SSC springs, and of course you can't go wrong with the FE5-s suspension. I think Kyle (MP81) has the SSC springs on his s/c'd LT.

Not sure how much the SSC springs lower, but hell, you live in my city, the roads here are beyond sh*t, so I wouldn't suggest going low like me on B&G's hahah.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol yeah montreal is ****ed up my old suspension right now i feel like im in a war , it because of that i want to have a nice drop not to low and i will put some 205/55/16 to not broke my mag lol

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I got the SSC. They only drop 1.5" compared to the typical 2" drop of other springs. Definately good performance though. When people come over and ask if spending all that money on the suspension was worth it I sit on my daily drivers hood near the wheel well and tell them to observe the response of the strut and spring. Then I sit on my cobalt and the thing barely moves!! they typically get it at that point!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I got the SSC. They only drop 1.5" compared to the typical 2" drop of other springs. Definately good performance though. When people come over and ask if spending all that money on the suspension was worth it I sit on my daily drivers hood near the wheel well and tell them to observe the response of the strut and spring. Then I sit on my cobalt and the thing barely moves!! they typically get it at that point!
That is how i shall show off when people ask haha. Then i show them my minimal body roll on high speed turns!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

well not high speed but.....you get the point lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.