Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I want to lower my 06 Balt Lt coupe soon. I'm thinkin either the SSC springs or the Pedders but that is not why I am posting. I was reading that the FE5 struts/shocks work well with lowering springs which work for me cause they are on the cheaper side. I found this site selling the FE5 package http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Cobalt-FE5-Struts-and-Shock-Pkg-FE5-S-P10850.aspx

So if I buy this package off this site will I need to buy anything else other than the springs to have my car lowered?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That would be all you need, although you might be able to get them cheaper somewhere else individually. Not a bad price at all though. And I would lean towards the ssc over the pedders

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be all you need, although you might be able to get them cheaper somewhere else individually. Not a bad price at all though. And I would lean towards the ssc over the pedders
Thank you for the help. I will definitely look around and see if I can find the struts and shocks separately. Care to elaborate on the ssc over the pedders? Quite a few people that I've talked to seems to say pedders over the ssc.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Depending on how low you go you may need the shorter SS endlinks. GM#20784687 250mm instead of 300mm. I think the Pedders have poor paint so if you live in an area where salt is use on the roads the springs will rust out quickly and squeak like an old school bus.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the fe5 shocks and struts for 293 at rockauto and is what ill be using for my lowering springs on my lt coupe

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Depending on how low you go you may need the shorter SS endlinks. GM#20784687 250mm instead of 300mm. I think the Pedders have poor paint so if you live in an area where salt is use on the roads the springs will rust out quickly and squeak like an old school bus.
For SS end links, make sure to get the Moogs, as they are thicker and have greasable ball joints. (Part number K750012)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.