Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in my introduction thread, and the car is at the dealership now (small dealer - not official Chevy) trying to find out what is wrong. I'll post them here so it gets better exposure.

Problem #1: Clunking noise from the front end, mainly the left front. Happens over any size bump and makes a sound like the shock is having problems dampening the impact. Sounds like it's bouncing up and down a few times. I thought bad shocks, but after some reading on here could be a number of things. I didn't see anything wrong with my eyes, could be missing something.

Problem #2: With the A/C running, when I come to a stop and press the clutch in, the RPM drops to idle, dips and/or bounces around a couple times then the car stalls.

Problem #3: While driving over a hard bump like the separation in the pavement when going over a bridge, or railroad tracks, the car cuts out really quick. It recovers OK, and has only happened a couple times. Bad MAF?

So far neither 2 or 3 have popped the CEL on.

Bought this car used with 110k on it (2006 LS) from a small dealer, really hoping I didn't get myself into a lemon. :notrust:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small update. Just got a call from the dealership. The stalling/cutting out was caused by a loose crank sensor wire. Apparently it's fixed now.

They are also replacing the front shocks and sway links tomorrow for the clunking sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

The new shocks/sway links/sway bushings fixed the clunking from the front. New crank sensor harness fixed the stalling problem, so she's good to go for now. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.