Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been driving around the cobalt(loving it! might buy an SS!) and noticed a few things.

1) For the spring/summer I've been driving around 17in aftermarket wheels and winter is coming soon so yesterday I decided to change my wheels to the stock steel ones with winter tires on. When I had the aftermarket wheels on, I barely noticed a sound that seems like something is shaking, or loose from the front end. It only happens when I drive, and the sound doesn't change once I brake. I put my winter tires on and now the sound is much louder. I replaced the A-Arm bushing because I heard it's a common problem, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

2) My fuel gauge is weird, I can drive around and my gas gauge seems to drop about a half a quarter of a tank when I drive for less than 10 miles. If I stop, shut off my car, and turn it back on it says I have more gas. It was almost on E at my house, drove to the nearest gas station, and when i turned my car off then on, it said i had a whole quarter left in my tank. Filled it up with $10 and now it's almost at half. I avg 28/29 MPG. Is this normal?

The only mods I really have so far is a Tsudo N1 Catback exhaust, 2nd Gen Halos, LED Tails, SS Spoiler, and I have two 12s in the trunk, but they aren't hooked up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was going to put the low one on but the high rise grew on me. First car I've owned, so now i know :)

But just swapping tires would cause that sound? It's just a constant rattle when driving.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Double check all your lug nuts to make sure all are tight. You may have a loose wheel, if the sound just started when you swapped rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.