Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a new project
my friend gave me some nice 32 way megan racing coilovers from his 02 civic si. the top hats are close, but not close enough to make anything too complicated. meaning, i can drill completely new holes in the strut towers and not interfere with the factory holes. i'll be fabricating new end plates for my strut tower bar to reinforce the newly drilled holes. now here's the big parts of the project:

this side (passenger side) coilover was hit. i have my old lsj strut-to-knuckle tabs that i'll be replacing the honda tabs with. the steering arms on the coilovers will make nice use for welding tabs on for the stabilizer bar end links!

pictured below
(theere they are somewhat installed on my car)

the arms will be cut shorter and yeah...

I'm tackling this tomorrow as a whole. it's gonna be sick! and very very slammed!

·
Registered
810 Posts
luckyy

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I was always wondering about somehow adapting coilovers from another ride and how that'd work out.. Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tis very. i'm about half done with the other coil. next step is retro fitting the top hats into my strut towers. like i said, the bolt pattern is different enough so that i have plenty of metal to drill into without sacrificing the factory holes. after that, i put the coils in and take it from there! i'd say i have a day of work left.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I apologize my phone broke so i cant take pics but...it's here.
it's slammed
it's low
it makes funny front end noises
the tires rub.
it doesnt ride like a shit box.
the axles don't have a problem with it.
the world's first stanced cobalt.

I did it. gimme some freakin props.
pictures tomorrow, i promise.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.