Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
So I've been thinking about getting some new fiberglass fennders from cobalt addiction.com Mostly just to loose some weight. Any opinions?
got any pics? and how much weight would they shave off?

·
Registered
496 Posts
oh jeeze the shipping is insane!! but they look pretty cool imo. that shipping price though....damn

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would be cheaper to go there and pick them up yourself. That shipping is horrible!!!
haha no joke. almost as much as the fender itself

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have never delt with after market body panels on my cobalt.But i HAVE on other cars. And they almost NEVER fit properly. Plus keep in mind if you paint them you will have to color match the whole front end of your car. So idealy you will have yo fade into the doors hood and bumper. So it could be a bit more pricey than you expect. Plus the shipping IS insane.

other than taht I do like them. Would go very well with a nice Fiber glass hood.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have never delt with after market body panels on my cobalt.But i HAVE on other cars. And they almost NEVER fit properly. Plus keep in mind if you paint them you will have to color match the whole front end of your car. So idealy you will have yo fade into the doors hood and bumper. So it could be a bit more pricey than you expect. Plus the shipping IS insane.

other than taht I do like them. Would go very well with a nice Fiber glass hood.
oh ya i always forget about the price of painting. thats a pretty penny in its own right

·
Registered
450 Posts
which style were you looking at... i personally like the L3

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
which style were you looking at... i personally like the L3
ive alway liked the L3's myself.
not going to spend that kind of money w/paint though. dont really care about appearance THAT much myself.
not to mention, it wouldnt look good w/o a body kit. then your'e talking some cash.

·
Registered
450 Posts
right plus it's nearly impossible to get the paint to match up exactly due to different material... i'd do it if i was gonna do a lot of body mods and repaint the whole car

·
Registered
802 Posts
fiber glass fenders crack really bad... if you do purchase they needa be reinforced and reshaped more then likely. i wouldnt by any personally right now just cuz i'm too lazy to do body work.... i might one day tho... they just dont make a style that i really like though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.