Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the process of searching for a kit ( I was leaning toward the duraflex B-2 kit. ) and I'm trying to stay clear of fiberglass because everyone says its crap and ends up cracking. But do I have any other options other than fiberglass becasue I can't find any, atleast that I like. Or is it really fine and some people are just whining?Thanks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I dont have any experience with em personally but I know a couple people who broke em pretty easily

·
Registered
298 Posts
fiber glass is alot better for paint, it stays on alot better as the other materials fade (so i read) ive had a chevy s10 xtreme with a fiberglass body kit and i just got the xen body kit for my cobalt which is also fiberglass and have never had a problem. sure if u hit a curb its gonna end up cracking but thats why u be a good driver and watch for curbs and slopes. the kit i got is at andysautosport.com and its under the ait racing section and its a pretty good price. check it out if ur body kit shopping still

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

oh ya the only other option on body kits is like this really hard rubber material and i have never tried it

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
In My opinion. Fiber glass is WAAAAAAYYYYY better!!! why you ask? because a plastic one is gonna break too. there is no way a chunk of plastic is not gonna break when something hits it. especially if you live in a cold climate like myself.

so, the reason I say a fiber glass one is better is because fiber glass is very easy to repair. just grind out a grove where the damage is, and fill it back in with new mat and resin. (basically, it's a little more involved than that though)

you can repair a plastic one also but it's harder to do and requires a plastic welder and all that crap.

that is my opinion on the matter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.