Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's only one picture for now sorry but 2 hours installing them in 17 degree weather with it snowing at some points.... not fun and more pics are CERTAINLY gonna have to wait. Unless I end up going out later to hang out I'll prob have more pictures tomorrow. :nuts: :smile1:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Looks good! Post up some day/night pics when weather allows.

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
they look kind of high.. maby its me because i have projectors and the aiming is perfect
i got hids installed at a small private owned shop that sells car stuff. took about half hour if even
deff worth it

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My driveway is on an incline. They're aimed.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok here's those pics! BTW there's salt all over the ground in the 3rd pic so no the ground isn't that white from my lights lmao

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys I put the new pics up ^^^

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
gotcha.
yeah i can see in the 1st pic
but other than that they look good

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Brand/Temp Color?

What brand did you get? Temp K color? Straight plug-n-play or relay setup? 35W or 55W ballasts? Just low or Bi-Xenon highs and lows?
Really looks good!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
here are some pics of mine

kinda hard to get true color of them in pics
some look blue some look white
but there more of a white with some blue

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
haha i got mine done at pepboys. bc i didnt wana mess with it
bout 10 a bulb or w.e haha was like 50 bux for high and low beams. but idc bc i didnt wana mess with it

after i got my hids installed i noticed my high beam bulb blew so i put the stock bulbs back in the high beam but couldn't get the clip back in because the guy i went to for my hids took the bulb out bc one of the nokya i had in the low beam blew while my hids were on order so he put the high beam one in the low beam for a few days and it blew when he put it back in the highbeam wen my hids were done
so i went to pepboys to get the high beams aimed they tried charging me the same they did for all the bulbs im like it should be cheaper
so i paid 16 instead
ahah

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What brand did you get? Temp K color? Straight plug-n-play or relay setup? 35W or 55W ballasts? Just low or Bi-Xenon highs and lows?
Really looks good!

GTO 1
Cheaphids.com I got them from Mkulrey13. He sells them. 6000K temp H7 plug and play. I dunno the wattage of the ballasts theres no stickers on the ballasts. They're just low beams. Thanks!

haha i got mine done at pepboys. bc i didnt wana mess with it
bout 10 a bulb or w.e haha was like 50 bux for high and low beams. but idc bc i didnt wana mess with it

after i got my hids installed i noticed my high beam bulb blew so i put the stock bulbs back in the high beam but couldn't get the clip back in because the guy i went to for my hids took the bulb out bc one of the nokya i had in the low beam blew while my hids were on order so he put the high beam one in the low beam for a few days and it blew when he put it back in the highbeam wen my hids were done
so i went to pepboys to get the high beams aimed they tried charging me the same they did for all the bulbs im like it should be cheaper
so i paid 16 instead
ahah
They aim projectors for you at pep boys? SWEET! how much?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Cheaphids.com I got them from Mkulrey13. He sells them. 6000K temp H7 plug and play. I dunno the wattage of the ballasts theres no stickers on the ballasts. They're just low beams. Thanks!

They aim projectors for you at pep boys? SWEET! how much?
wen i went there the 1st time to get everything aimed it was49 and change
and when i went for just the high beams wen i went back they charged 16 and change
wen i went the 1st time the guy said some thing that holds the one light up was broke or something some clip wasn't there. but he said it didn't matter because my cutoff was perfect.
but yeah after installing my projectors they were all over the road and i didn't know how to aim them. didn't want to mess around with them so i went there and they did it. didn't take that long either

·
Registered
101 Posts
i loved the first time i put my hids on i bought jlm 8000k hi/lo really makes a different in the night i couldn't c more than 10 ft in front of me with the stock bulbs especially since i tinted my headlights lol ill post pics as soon as i take some decent ones

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah hids are perfect for projectors
couldn't see shit in my projectors with nokya bulbs which were garbage since 2 blew. haha i don't know if its bc i bought them off ebay or what

i paid 100 for my hids and another 25 for install

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
49 to aim? that shit gets rolled up

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
haha yeah. thats what it was idc bc i don't know how to aim them myself yeah theres diy but i didn't wana mess around with them.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah and annoying lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.