Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this semester in college i took auto body and steering &suspension so i gotta to use my cobalt for project.

the color is volcano gray, 2010 honda color.

also, for suspension i went with fe5 everything, moog endlinks and moog tie rod ends, and Ksports.

here is some pictures i previously uploaded just to show my progress timeline.

this is sanded at 320, and some bondo work.

going in the paint booth

here was the first coat of primer sanded with 320

this is 2nd coat of primer, sanded with 600 wetsand.

kinda missed the hood a little lol.

trunk jam and door jams

Now the final pics!

over the past couple weeks, i scored a good deal on OEM black housin headlights, and bought some 3k bulbs.

Retinted the tails, and cleared them with an actual gun (no spray bomb), and wetsanded, and buffed them out.
shaved the spoiler holes, keyhole, and antenna.

Right now the ride height looks high because i put the Ksports on and they still need broke in. today was the first day i got to drive it in months. the Ksports ride so much better then Sportlines, a lot stiffer and doesnt seem like when you hit bumps everything feels like its gonna break.

BUUUUTTT, i hope you enjoy, Positive feedback please! ;)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I vote for more pics or ban!
seriously though, I can't believe how well it turned out! I'm loving that color

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Nice choice of color! Looks awesome man, how long you been in school so far? You going as mechanic or auto body... you would do good looking at how well your car is done :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres the answers to all your questions in no particular order lol:

i dont have a muffler atm,
this is my second year in the auto tech program at my school, but i think im leaning more towards and auto body job

i will get more pics!09 cobalt
and its weird because i think the camera changes the color because in person it looks pure gray lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
it looks really good, really digging the colour...and there ain't no money in aytobody unless ur a painter, trust me, been doing it for 5 years now and I'm getting out of the trade in the summer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.