Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to order my Fe5 shocks and struts and I slapped on some SSC springs and MOOG endlinks along with them and I LOVE the combo! Install was not really that tough, it was just a matter of adding the right amount of torque to all the bolts and having some time to finish the project. It took me about 5 hours with simple hand tools. Here's my pics, Enjoy!

Old vs New components

One front installed uncompressed

One rear installed uncompressed

Rear Compressed

Final Products

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Ew, steelies! lol, just playing. Drop looks good, you will probably see another quarter to half inch as it all settles. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ew, steelies! lol, just playing. Drop looks good, you will probably see another quarter to half inch as it all settles. Enjoy!
Lmao!! Thanks! Haha. Yeah I plan on getting rid of the steelies within the next few months. I'm so stoked

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Very nice. Looks so good.

Thanks Kevimac! The drop feels so awesome too

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice nice.... love it. think i might do the same setup...
Thanks! You will not regret it! Drop is clean, gets low, but not so low that you scrape on every bump, and the ride is just right. This is my first Lowered car and I feared that it would be too bouncy or too stiff, but IMO SSC balances perfectly between the two.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Drop looks good, best combo imo.

must be nice to live in a spot where your old strut looks like your new strut still :( mine look like they've gone through ww2

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drop looks good, best combo imo.

must be nice to live in a spot where your old strut looks like your new strut still :( mine look like they've gone through ww2
Lmao! I was thinking that mine were pretty bad after 7 years, but then again I haven't gone through snow or lots of mud with those bad boys lol

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Don't forgot to have your alignment checked out after the first 200 miles or so......
Oh yeah for sure! Thanks bro. I'm gonna need to get that soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.