Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So After forever I finally finished the custom install of the system on my cobalt. Check it out and let me know what you think, most of the reason behind the spare tire well box was so that I can get my snowboard in and out of my car still.

A Little Bit more work needs to be done just flushing up the two sides of the floor but other than that I am completely finished. The system consists of

2 12" Pioneer Premier Championship Series-Pro Subs
1550 W Clarion Amp with Fiberglass Cover
Pioneer Avic F900BT In-Dash
Street Wires Capacitor
Street Wires Four Gauge Wire Throughout
Dynamat throughout whole trunk and license plate

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks great. good job. must have added quet a bit of weight huh ?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the more i look at it the more it looks like you raised the whole trunk cargo mat. did you?? just looks small in there still
Yeah I took out the old cargo floor mat and ended up building a new one, the raise is about 4 inches because of the box I ended up building to get the right sound out of the subs

dude that came out awesome. i like the idea of the subs in the spare tire area. what size are they?
they're 12's

Looks great. good job. must have added quet a bit of weight huh ?
There has been somewhat of a weight gain but to be honest it's been minimal and in my opinion having installed a few systems it's really no heavier than a normal box setup. The only downfall is no spare tire

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea thats true. I love your indash btw.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
what material are your speakers wrapped in ? almost looks like a carbon fiber vinyl of some sort

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much was that in dash??
The In-Dash ran me $750 but that is in Canadian dollars and we also get screwed up here on electronics it seems, but its absolutly worth the money. 3D GPS and you have so much control over your system with it.

what material are your speakers wrapped in ? almost looks like a carbon fiber vinyl of some sort
Its a carbon fiber overlay that looks somewhat like a vinyl, it made the box look good haha, I picked it up at a local car audio place

So Im driving down the road and the cop pulls me over, for being too LOUD

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
again bro ...awesome!!! but you should put like a plexi-glass or sumthin similar over the speakers. you gotta protect it
x2. I mangled my JLs like that. Luckily JL kicks a** with warranties but its still a pain to go through. btw, Pioneer wont warranty it if they do break from that

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
x2. I mangled my JLs like that. Luckily JL kicks a** with warranties but its still a pain to go through. btw, Pioneer wont warranty it if they do break from that
Yeah, I don't disagree that the they're needs to be a cover, I was thinking about a safety glass cover since the plexi was $800 a sheet. I also want to mirror and put leds in the little well so that it creates a whole lighting effect in the trunk but we will see

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I don't disagree that the they're needs to be a cover, I was thinking about a safety glass cover since the plexi was $800 a sheet. I also want to mirror and put leds in the little well so that it creates a whole lighting effect in the trunk but we will see
Wow. $800 a sheet? I can pick it up for 30$ a sheet at a home depot here for that size opening. 800 Canadian dollars = 746.1992 U.S. dollars You could build a house with plexi with that much money.

About your install, it's fantastic. I assume the MDF goes all along the bottom of the trunk making a new floor per se.. I am assuming the tire-well enclosure is a sealed enclosure. Correct?

Also, how many cubic feet per sub?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.