Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I would share because I am very pleased with the results. Went and got my windows tinted today 35 all the way around and also got my AEM CAI installed. Tint looks fantastic and the intake sounds like sex on wheels when you put your foot down. Guys at the shop I went to did a great job. I highly recommend if there is anyone here that lives in Edmonton that is looking to get some work done, go check out Polcan automotive. For everything tax in it cost me $309.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
awsome! post some pics!!! and cold air intake is definatly the best first mod!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics are coming but it will take a few weeks because my car is going into the autobody shop tomorrow to get the damage fixed from when it was backed into a few months ago. As for the price it was for the install of the CAI and the window tinting. I had already bought the CAI before hand.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
idk about saving 200 bux.. maybe 70.. tint isnt cheap.. just tinting would have cost me $250 locally if i didnt know some ppl to do it professionally for cheaper

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just figured I would share because I am very pleased with the results. Went and got my windows tinted today 35 all the way around and also got my AEM CAI installed. Tint looks fantastic and the intake sounds like sex on wheels when you put your foot down. Guys at the shop I went to did a great job. I highly recommend if there is anyone here that lives in Edmonton that is looking to get some work done, go check out Polcan automotive. For everything tax in it cost me $309.

sounds awesome man. How much did the tint cost?

just a word of advice: when it comes to small-time mods, there are alot of brands out there that will try to charge you ten prices for what it should actually cost. they are a big brand so you trust that their product will work, and that because it's expensive that it's obviously it's much better than anything you could do yourself.

With Spectre brand parts from pep boys i was able to put a cold air intake in my car for $40. Then tint with a lifetime warranty was $99.
Another thing you will probably be tempted or told to get next is some expensive exhaust for "hp gains" and "sound". I was able to get the look sound and power for 60 dollars. i bought a 20 dollar tip from pep boys, and had a local muffler shop fix me a straight pipe from the resonator back.

I can feel significant power increases from both of my mods, and they were cheap.

Just sayin man, YOU DONT NEED TO SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY!!

tryin' to help you out ;)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
sounds awesome man. How much did the tint cost?

just a word of advice: when it comes to small-time mods, there are alot of brands out there that will try to charge you ten prices for what it should actually cost. but the there is also a reason why it costs more, you pay for quality they are a big brand so you trust that their product will work, and that because it's expensive that it's obviously it's much better than anything you could do yourself.

With Spectre brand parts from pep boys i was able to put a cold air intake in my car for $40. Then tint with a lifetime warranty was $99.
Another thing you will probably be tempted or told to get next is some expensive exhaust for "hp gains" and "sound". I was able to get the look sound and power for 60 dollars. i bought a 20 dollar tip from pep boys, and had a local muffler shop fix me a straight pipe from the resonator back.
ugh on the straight pipe 2.2 :eek:h::unsure::notrust:

·
Registered
73 Posts
ugh on the straight pipe 2.2 :eek:h::unsure::notrust:
it's a straight pipe from the resonator back. aka a muffler delete. it sounds just as good as any "performance" exhaust. and gives me the same hp gain. people on this forum said it would sound like a "fat bag of ass", but i did it anyways and i like it. not too loud, not too quiet, and has a good tone to it.

but the there is also a reason why it costs more, you pay for quality
I don't see my intake breaking down anytime soon, it's just pipe and tubing, just like on any intake you would find for 200+ dollars. come on your telling me there's no such thing as paying for a brand name? get real. yall have fun blowing your money lol jk

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
it's a straight pipe from the resonator back. aka a muffler delete. it sounds just as good as any "performance" exhaust. and gives me the same hp gain. people on this forum said it would sound like a "fat bag of ass", but i did it anyways and i like it. not too loud, not too quiet, and has a good tone to it.

I don't see my intake breaking down anytime soon, it's just pipe and tubing, just like on any intake you would find for 200+ dollars. come on your telling me there's no such thing as paying for a brand name? get real. yall have fun blowing your money lol jk
you're gonna be one of those people who buy a 15 dollar intake "supercharger" off ebay, aren't you?

·
Registered
73 Posts
hell no dude, i'm not stupid lol. i'm just trying to prove a point that there is alot of name brand bs that no one should pay for. I see you got new rims banker, looks sick

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

haha i feel sorry for dash. got his whole thread robbed by all this bitchin lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks mang, lowered her too. scraped the damn exhaust pipe for the first time today :(
ay go low or go home mang.

haha that means i'm going home cause with all the weight reduction i've done i've got an uugggly 4'' gap in the back. gonna get koni yellows and coilover sleeves when i get about 5-600 saved up..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha no worries about the thread robbing. As for the cost of the part I actually only paid $120 for the intake. They go for $250 on AEM's site but I found a guy selling one that was never used because he bought it but decided against buying a Cobalt after. As for the tint all the other quotes I got from around here were around the $250 range. It would of only cost me $170 for the tint but being a Sunday the shop owner came in and opened his shop for me to get the work done. They are normally closed on Sunday's, so he charged $25 more for doing the tint. I would of liked to do the intake myself but honestly I have no where to do it to and my job doesn't give me much time. I work 10 hr days for 24 days straight most of the time. As for the exhaust that is on the list of things to do but first some new halo projector headlights and a stage 2 kit are in order :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

that is exactly right. i ran a muffler delete for 2 days for the hell of it before i got my catback and all the muffler delete on a 2.2 does is make noise (terrible noise imo). If you like it, good for you cuz its cheap. but man oh man i was never happier once i got a catback on.

n i buy alot of my stuff used to save money. for a full catback/dp/header, it cost me $280 and my name brand intake cost me $130.. so searching the used parts sections really does pay off if your patient enough.. n to your prevail, ill admit i did have a spectre intake for a while also, but that got sold as soon as i found the right price on a injen. <--its worth the money

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

thanks mang, lowered her too. scraped the damn exhaust pipe for the first time today :(
it'll happen alot lol.. i know how you feel on that one

·
Registered
73 Posts
padlock, do you have a vid of your exhaust? because i seriously don't see how in any way that a muffler delete sounds like a bag of arse. I've had 4 random people tell me my car sounded sick since i've did it

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
no i dont. i wouldnt want a video of it either lol.. it sounds nice at idle but anytime you get on the throttle it makes me hate myself lol.. all the power to you if you like it but i think it sounds terrible. there is a youtube vid of one that sounded like mine lemme see if i can find it

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

i know the quality on this vid sucks but this is the closest representation of how it sounded imo.. sounded like a bunch of pissed of bumblebees lol
YouTube - Cobalt Ls Update

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.