Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked on this forum a few times in the past. I am seeing a few comments about not many people engaging on the forum, so I finally joined officially. I have an '05 Cobalt LS sedan 2.2L 5spd manual. I bought it new in the summer of '05 when GM had their "everyone gets the employee price" sale. Then I talked the sales person down some! I remember the test drive, my wife was at work so I had to put my kids' (plural) car seats in to test drive the car. Early mods included Eibach lowering springs, Borla exhaust, K&N filter, wider than stock Goodyear Eagle tires. Eventually I went back to stock tires and after all 4 springs rusted out (that was an interesting ride) I returned it to stock height. Though I do miss the lowered vehicle look and handling. Performance exhaust is still on, though I think it is even more free flowing, just not out the end of the pipe. Due to the vehicle age and winter conditions, the vehicle is mostly a spare warm weather vehicle. A couple years ago I finally upgraded the speakers and this year I finally added a bluetooth radio! I went single din so I have a place to set my phone.

The paint is starting to show its age, so I might try wrapping the vehicle. So many cool colors out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far out…so how many miles today and where?
Surprisingly just under 150k. I drove a lot for work for the first 10 years then bought a Subaru for winter driving. Then switched jobs and started car pooling. Now I work just 7.5 miles from home and my daughter drives the soob. 3 kids and none of them can drive a manual. I failed as a father.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
150k…it’s just broken in…. It’s a good platform for them to learn a stick on.
A wrap job or a good single stage paint or a base coat/clear coat, works wonders to brighten it back up as long as the iron weevils have not spoiled it’s underside. You didn’t say where you were keeping it.

remember its all paid for and I bet still gets 25/35 mpg and there are plenty of stair parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts