Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bowties!!! sorry for the huge images.

the rear one gave me a lot of problems and i kinda effed it up a tad. it doesnt look too bad for the first go IMO. i'll get around doing it later if i dont do full de-badge first. so...i know everyone and their dog has done it...but watcha think?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now i just need to tint the windows...

·
Registered
455 Posts
it looks sweet with those blacked out tails. did you nightshade or vinyl them? silver balts always look better with the black tails IMO

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nightshade FTW! and thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
this is gonna sounnd like a dumb question, but what does FTW stand for? i've seen it all over the place and cant figure it out for the life of me lolz

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, a lot of people think it means fxck the world but...it reallllly means for the win. and dont feel bad...i didnt know a lot of it either.

·
Registered
455 Posts
thanks bro. i was debating asking on another thread but when i saw this one and its just a convo between us i figured this would be less embarassing! lolz

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its all good man. so i see on your mods you painted your bowties...you paint em black?

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah, i was debating cuz i have the imperial blue cobalt. so its already a really dark car. i like it though. i didnt wanna debadge the whole car, and this way its not this obnoxious gold on the dark blue. its subtle, but still there lolz. i also painted the muffler black. i was tired of seeing that giant ugly silver box under my car every time i walked past it lolz

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah...getting an exhaust is on my list..lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
same here, but the bank account does not agree with my priorites lolz

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Looks good!
I'm in the same boat, i REALLY need to tint the rest of my windows... easier said than done tho, lol

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah...my friend's dad can do window tint. and he's teaching his son...so he's going to help us two do it. and he's gonna learn us straight so we can do it for some scratch. gonna cost me like like..$100 haha...now his dad just has to be sober ONE day

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah it turn out good, I have to paint my bowtie too. Right now Im using carbon fiber vynil on my bowtie but it starts to pill off so I will just paint main black as well, did you take off the back one to paint it? and what Paint you use?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh yeah about that rear bowtie....it got taken off lol. APPARENTLY...someone liked it :(

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah it turn out good, I have to paint my bowtie too. Right now Im using carbon fiber vynil on my bowtie but it starts to pill off so I will just paint main black as well, did you take off the back one to paint it? and what Paint you use?
yeah i took off the back one to paint it. i just used Krylon Fusions for plastic..looked good too. but when you take it off make sure to use masking tape so you know where to put it back on at. and go buy some 3M Molding Tape...that way it just doesnt come off like mine did

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
yeah i took off the back one to paint it. i just used Krylon Fusions for plastic..looked good too. but when you take it off make sure to use masking tape so you know where to put it back on at. and go buy some 3M Molding Tape...that way it just doesnt come off like mine did
3m modding tape to put it back but how you take it off, What you use?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.