Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could really use a "how to" on geting throught the firewall I just need to run two small wires from the engine bay to the inside of the car. But I have no idea how to do it. Pictures would be great since I'm still a newb.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wiring an engine bay light like coby7 installed but instead of using the mercury switch I'm installing a blue glow toggle switch inside the car by the dimmer control switch. So I have to run wire from the light to the switch and back to my wire tap in the fuse box. So I just need a hole big enought for four 18 guage wires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you look behind the underhood fuseblock You will see a bunch of wires going through the firewall. There's room in the armour for more wires, just punch a fish through, tape your wires to it and fish em through.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda did that already, but I went behind the break. I was trying to feed it threw with the wire that was already there but that wasent working so I just pierced a hole next to it and it turned out fine all I have left is to connect the ground and plug the fuse tap back in and I should be done. Or if I did something wrong its time to start trouble shooting. Lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Post up some pictures once you're done. We like pictures

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok pictures, humm never done that, but ill figure it out. Ill get some daylight photos and some night time photos. Since it only 5 o'clock. It will have to wait a few hours. Lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.