Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i baught a 2007 Cobalt RS 2.2l 5 speed. this is my 6th chevy lol..Im a GM Certified Tech. Cant wait to tear this thing apart and do what i do

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Curious as to what a RS is, I'm not talking smack...lol...seriously...an LS? jw, regardless, welcome kind sir!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All an rs really has different then a normal one is some RS badges and Different rims. Im plannin on keepin the engine mostly stock just header, full exhaust, Intake, Port and polish the exhaust side of the head. Ive built most cars for autocross/ road course so im gonna build suspension like coilovers, swaybars, and bigger brakes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome to the site, post pics as soon as u can \m/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics will hopefully be up later tonight

·
Registered
448 Posts
All an rs really has different then a normal one is some RS badges and Different rims. Im plannin on keepin the engine mostly stock just header, full exhaust, Intake, Port and polish the exhaust side of the head. Ive built most cars for autocross/ road course so im gonna build suspension like coilovers, swaybars, and bigger brakes.
if you are planning on autox and road racing you should've got a ss for handling :laugh:

·
Registered
931 Posts
You sure your RS isnt just a lt or ls with the RS emblems they sell at Pep Boys for 4.99 to make crappy cars sound cooler... ?

Never heard of a RS model anywhere.....

Either way welcome to the forums and I would love to see some pics of this "RS"....

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You sure your RS isnt just a lt or ls with the RS emblems they sell at Pep Boys for 4.99 to make crappy cars sound cooler... ?

Never heard of a RS model anywhere.....

Either way welcome to the forums and I would love to see some pics of this "RS"....
they realy did make an RS package,,

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nevermond.... There is a RS model... Touche.... Never heard of it until the Google search... Learn something new all the time... Post some pics of yours so I can see one off of google lol

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
GM did these types of packages, there was a RS,ARCA,X-ray, and a few others they did them by year, mines a 06 and when I bought it there were 5 cobalts with the ARCA package, and other dealerships had them as well. I thought they were different so I bought one. I get alot of people asking about it I had a older man who was a big fan of ARCA ask if I was willing to sell it to him.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yes, the RS is a dealer thing that they put badges and the high dollar GM chrome wheels and chrome door handles and charge and extra $3-4K on top of the LS price. WHn I bought my LS the dealer had an RS Balt there.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yes, the RS is a dealer thing that they put badges and the high dollar GM chrome wheels and chrome door handles and charge and extra $3-4K on top of the LS price. WHn I bought my LS the dealer had an RS Balt there.
Yea I think mine was $2500 extra. But I didnt care I like how it looked mine came with the SS spoiler to but I traded it. If mine came with chrome door handles I woulda told them to take them off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah when i baught myne i took the handle covers off in the parking lot lol. And i wanted to get an SS but I got the car from my work so they sold it to me for what they had in the car so i couldnt pass it up. Ive only seen a hand full or RS balts on my lot usually 4 door mynes a coupe though and yah they have the same rims as the ARCA balt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.