Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manual 2006 cobalt white
should i be focused on getting a new air intake or catback exaust
eventually would like to get a turbo but juss looking at my options which would be most beneficial at a first mod to this car

·
Registered
575 Posts
First, Welcome.
Secondly, I would determine which direction do you wanna go with the car? Buying a 250 dollar intake then installing a turbo system down the road which will not utilize the NA intake is double spending. Same thing with the supercharger. For exhaust I would go 3in for a turbo car but for an NA car only 2.5in max. I would think about what you wanna do with the car before purchasing parts.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome...
and I would go for the exhaust first since the intake may not fit when you get the TC
But really its your decision and you know what direction you want to take so good luck and looking forward to seeing your ride :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
As said above, if you get a 2.2 NA Intake, it will not work with a turbo or supercharger...An exhaust would be a better "safe alternative", if you were to get a 2.5" cat-back, it wouldn't be too small to run with the turbo, after all the stock SS turbo's are ran with a 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would buy wheels/tires and suspension and take it autoxing! I will reinterate to decide which way you wanna take the car instead of buying parts twice.

EDIT: I know you said engine mods, but I would do these mods first before anything else but thats just me.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.