Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first round of mods!! (yes, I'm a noob!)
-Tail lights tinted
-Chevy symbol taken off
-Short antenna to arrive any day (I ordered from cobalt-addiction.com)

My question- I did the tint myself with film. How long does this usually stay on? Its been about a week and still fine. Also, the film is a tiny bit bigger than the light, should I trim it down to exact size to prevent it from peeling? Or is it fine hanging off a tiny bit?

Pictures:
Comparison

All done!

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
Looks real nice!

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
Very nice! Yes, definitely debadge the letters as well
I agree!

I'd love to debadge mine - but it being an LT is one of my favorite parts, so I'd like to leave that all on there, along with the bowtie (painted or vinyled black)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I agree!

I'd love to debadge mine - but it being an LT is one of my favorite parts, so I'd like to leave that all on there, along with the bowtie (painted or vinyled black)
Yeah, LT SC is definitely something to brag about :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My first mod was an exhaust tip lol
Yes! Can't wait to do this!

Thanks for the comments guys. I considered taking off all the lettering but I don't mind it being there. Besides, I'm proud to own a cobalt, why not rep it? :bigsmile:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I need alittle help with this...

I tried taking off the old antenna to put my new short one on...and it seems like its glued on to the point where I cant just unscrew it from the plastic. I even had my mechanic try and he said he can't get it off. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Props op for actually getting film tint to work on a curved light! I know several people who have tried and ended up with nightshade haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.