Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.2l 05 base model.
and i have a few questions concerning cold air intakes.

I heard they get dirty fast and have higher risk of water sucking up into your engine is this true?

Also to install one do you have to remove your whole bumper or just your headlight?

I was thinkin about getting the injen 2 piece one that can be either a CAI or SRI.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

They do run a risk of sucking up water but you would have to be going thru a huge puddle to suck up the amount of water needed to do any harm.

To install you can just remove the passenger side headlight and headlight bracket and it's that simple. 6 bolts and the the entire unit is removed.

I'd go with Injen as well!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. this site is sweet. i get answers instantly and from fellow cobalt owners. thanks. i was sick of searching google

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do still have the link of the gmpp intake cuz i tried lookin them up but i could not find one

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have heard good and bad about fujita. I have an Injen CAI/SRI intake on my car and I love it. I have also had AEM as well and it is a good intake system as well. I would go with either and AEM or Injen, just my opinion.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
To the OP: Welcome!!

To everyone: I had a Fujita. My only negative was that it retained the stock intake manifold to use it. I switched to an Injen because it allowed me to get rid of one more piece of black plastic ugliness. lol Other than that, I never found anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Since the real performance gain is negligible at best, just get the SRI. Much less hassle. It doesn't take that much water to do serious damage. I had a K&N on my last Cobalt. Really good setup.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
thanks for the help I'm ordering one for my baby next week I'll try to post some pictures later just installed my billet grille and I'm loving it;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.