Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, we got our first snow for the year here. It is the earliest snow fall we have ever had in my lifetime of almost 27 years. (november 13 b'day). Before that the earliest was on Halloween night and it was a huge snow storm! So I took a couple pics because it's crazy seeing white ground with colorful leaves on the trees still lol. I usually like snow, but getting it this early is the ugies!!!

both of these shots are in the back yard.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
uUUGH! And here it was 73* here in VA last night!... it raind all night, its all chilly & blah today... not raining but roads r wet, so no show :sad: we normally get our first snow end of Oct first of Nov, so i shall have pix to post soon i bet... blllah!

·
Registered
464 Posts
None here yet thank god. Apparently we could see flurries by like thursday friday only because the night temps are dropping. I hate winter but at least I just picked up my new snow tires!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah, I was upset to see that this morning, but most of it is gone now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We're lucky if we say any snow at all here (thought we did get some last december). I'd die for what you guys have, most of the time it's 90-100 here. We finally got a decent cold front from up north and it dropped our temp to an amazing low of 56, which is unheard of here this early :).

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I do like snow but it is way to early for it. Usually I don't see snow on the ground until around my birthday. The worst part is that the retards put salt down on the roads!

My poor car saw snow and road salt for the first time today

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm hoping for another Halloween like we had in 91...I was 8 and that was so much fun. If that happens, I don't think I'll be taking my son out though...he's only 16-months old and it would probably be too cold for him then...maybe a few houses..besides...he wouldn't get the candy (or at least not the majority of it...and my wife and I don't need it either).

Anybody that doesn't know (never heard of it or isn't from MN), we had a huge blizzard in 1991 in the Twin Cities...over 28" of snow fall total...on Halloween alone it was more than 8" and on Nov. 1st we had an additional 1.5 feet...so it was something like a 3-day storm. My mom took me out trick or treating still near my grandma's house and it was tough making it through the yards in a snow suit for a short kid.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
damn thats a lot. I hate snow... get so sick of it after 6 months a year of sh***y weather

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
what is this thing called snow? texas has two seasons. summer and fall. and then summer is the dry season, fall is the wet season. like now :(

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm hoping for another Halloween like we had in 91...I was 8 and that was so much fun. If that happens, I don't think I'll be taking my son out though...he's only 16-months old and it would probably be too cold for him then...maybe a few houses..besides...he wouldn't get the candy (or at least not the majority of it...and my wife and I don't need it either).

Anybody that doesn't know (never heard of it or isn't from MN), we had a huge blizzard in 1991 in the Twin Cities...over 28" of snow fall total...on Halloween alone it was more than 8" and on Nov. 1st we had an additional 1.5 feet...so it was something like a 3-day storm. My mom took me out trick or treating still near my grandma's house and it was tough making it through the yards in a snow suit for a short kid.
oh man i remember that winter and i think it was '96 that was the other bad yr, both el nino years. had tons of snow those winters, and ice! i remember the snow banks would be literally as tall as the school buses on the sides of the roads. was pretty awesome. tho it was still a welcome sight when spring started to come around again, heh. (and then we had major flooding w/ all of the snow melting and rain!)

fun times :bigsmile: haven't had bad winters like those in a loooong time. kinda wishing it'd be one so i can get out of work more this winter :blink1:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

yup, I remember that year very well. We also had a huge thanksgiving snow storm that year and my parents had a bunch of family members over. They all got snowed in and had to spend the night. My cousins and I had a blast playing outside!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.