Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went up to Kilkare Dragstrip in xenia ohio today, it was really busy so i only got 2 runs in, i have a stock 2005 Cobalt ss/sc

First run:
60ft-2.5523
330 ft-6.7368
1/8 ET-10.1999
1/8 MPH-71.72
1/4 ET-15.6468
1/4 MPH-88.70

Second run:
60ft-2.2947
330 ft-6.4493
1/8 ET-9.8387
1/8 MPH-72.40
1/4 ET-15.2278
1/4 MPH-91.75

My goal was a high 14, but i need to work on my launching, it was really fun though. :toung:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can I ask a few questions, might be able to help you out a bit on your run.

What was your reaction time?
What was the tire pressure?
What were you watching for when you launched? example: did you wait for the green light
What RPM do you launch at?

Congrats though, it's a blast to race, I enjoy it everytime I go. I've gotten fairly good at launching the car, just gotta work on the street bike now

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes. Practice on your launch is key. You also wanna hook up n go so you're gonna want drop your front tire preassure to about 28psi and raise your rear tires preassure to about 40 psi or so. Our cars have alot of low end torque so we need to hook up and go for an advantage. You'll also wanna launch at about 2500 rpm or at least start there and find your sweet spot. The track conditions also have a big impact on how you'll need to set up your car at the same time.

Good runs though. Looks like you kinda broke loose on your first run. Your 60' tells the tale on that one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i lowered fronts to around 25ish, i'll post my reaction times when i get home, the first one i launched at 2000 with no wheel spin but the car almost died bc i didnt give it more gas. so when i let go of the clutch it just about died, i blame it on the nerves, lol, and yeah i waited till i saw the green light. and why should the back tires be raised to 40 psi??? the second one i didnt really watch my rpms but i got a little bit of wheel spin, i would guess 2500+rpm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.