Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goty a quick ??? My car seems to surge at around 45mph.... Is this due to my tranny or maybe a engine issue???

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think we concluded in a previous thread that used to exist...lol...that is was the Stability Control.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just wondering why it does this and if it's on both MT and AT or just one of them...
i don not know why it does it, but i do believe it comes on both the standard and automatic models........my best guess at the surging is the fact the stability control needs a decent amount of power to kick in, so the ECU compensates with a surge in the motor to generate the required electricity to start up the system........just a guess

M

·
0 Posts
omg its stability control!?

damn...and all this time i was telling people it was V-TAK!!!!

damn damn damn!

·
Registered
268 Posts
hi i just bought my 2007 cobalt ls and my 3rd gear syncro's crapped the bed and i had just got my car back after they warranty repaired my trany, also they made me buy my clutch because it was 1mm shy of the rivets and they would not cover it at 14,000 miles. well anyway now i have more problems with my trany making loud noises when i drive in 3rd,4th,and 5th. i took it back within the 10mins i got it back, they told me to drive it for the weekend and that the new gears prob. don't match up with the old gears due to they have no wear on them yet. BUT I think there going to screw me due to the FACT that all this freaking metal will be in my trany after those gears wear to fit. what do i do? should i get a lawyer??? help! i need GM's # if anyone has it to.
thanx for any help.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
hi i just bought my 2007 cobalt ls and my 3rd gear syncro's crapped the bed and i had just got my car back after they warranty repaired my trany, also they made me buy my clutch because it was 1mm shy of the rivets and they would not cover it at 14,000 miles. well anyway now i have more problems with my trany making loud noises when i drive in 3rd,4th,and 5th. i took it back within the 10mins i got it back, they told me to drive it for the weekend and that the new gears prob. don't match up with the old gears due to they have no wear on them yet. BUT I think there going to screw me due to the FACT that all this freaking metal will be in my trany after those gears wear to fit. what do i do? should i get a lawyer??? help! i need GM's # if anyone has it to.
thanx for any help.
dont worry, GM is gonna screw ya like they did the rest of us, take a number, and the next available boot will kick you in the rear for buying a domestic, when for almost the same price, you could have bought a more reliable car

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you ware wanting to contact GM Customer Service (Like I'm going to do) here is the number.

GM Customer Service - 1.800.222.1020

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you ware wanting to contact GM Customer Service (Like I'm going to do) here is the number.

GM Customer Service - 1.800.222.1020
wate of time they just contact that dealer u went to and guess who's word they take! the dealers! tryed it, u have to go above customer ser. to like GM Corp.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i don not know why it does it, but i do believe it comes on both the standard and automatic models........my best guess at the surging is the fact the stability control needs a decent amount of power to kick in, so the ECU compensates with a surge in the motor to generate the required electricity to start up the system........just a guess
So is that what we're going with or does some one know otherwise? I think that makes sense but then again I'm not to intellegent when it comes to tranny's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.