Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I filled up the car tonight for the first time. Overall I really like the Cobalt but I thought I would get way better gas mileage. I drive 23 miles to work one way and half of that trip is highway. I took it really easy on the car, plus it is brand new so I did not want to rip on it. I drove all week trying to get the best gas milage because I wanted to see if I could get what some of you guys are getting for mpg. I only got a little over 27 mpg. Don't get me wrong I am used to 10-12 MPG in my 86 K10 and the Cobalt will save me alot of money in the long run even at 27 mpg, but I am really dissapointed. Will it get better over time once the 2.2 gets broke in a little? I really hope so. I have been telling the guy I car pool with all week that I was going to get as good gas milage as his new Corolia, he gets 32-34 and he drives like an *******, I ride with him everyother week and he redlines allmost every shift and drives 80 down the highway.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Yes, your engine needs more time.... and so do you. You must take the time to get dialed in with your balt. And don't worry about your friend's car. If he's driving it like that he will not have it long.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
It's really not easy to get good mpg's it takes a lot of work. The thing I really hate is when I take off nice and gentle from a stop light and it seems like I am in everyone's way. It's worth it, though. I spend 25 a week on gas and drive 75 miles a day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first tank I got around 25-26. 2nd tank I got around 27.5. This tank, my DIC is telling my I'm up to around 30. That's alot of local driving, nothing highway and nothing with cruise (i.e. interstate driving). So far, I'm VERY pleased with my mileage.

And why get upset? The sticker said around 25 for city so if you're getting above that, be happy. If you wanted to ensure you were getting 30 around town, you needed to get something close to that on the sticker.

However, I do drive like a grandpa all the time trying to get the best mileage I can. Move over, Gramps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am getting 19mpg but i have only had my car since the 1st and it has never been out of the city at all. i think it made it 50 mph once.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
ever since I put my 18" rims on I have Dropped to 34 average mpg. these cars can push high numbers. you just have learn how to do it. It took me a while to pick up on what techniques work best

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.