Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help.

2006 Cobalt 5-speed LS

While installing my rear speakers I noticed a wire harness connector on the drivers side of the rear deck that was melted. The rear defroster in this car hasn't worked since i bought it so when I seen the melted connector I put 2 and 2 together:idea: I cut the wires off of the harness then soldered them together and shrink wrapped them... I had four wires on one side of this harness (a large purple, black w/ white, blue w/white, grey, and green(but only on one side)) and five on the other. only one side had a green wire... I could not see where this green wire went to the other side but it didn't look like it was going anywhere so I left it unconnected and connected the other colors to their corresponding color. now my dome light doesn't work and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that green wire.:notrust: Does anyone know what this green wire should connect to??? I am thinking it may need to tie in with the large AWG purple wire.? I took a meter to the light and I am not getting power anywhere on it. BTW bulb and fuse is good..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.