Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted to have my Balt Flat Black. And after going to the NY International auto show this past weekend It's official my car will soon be just that. I just wanted to know if there is anything to know about painting it flat black before doing it. Can I still wax it? ( Kinda pointless right)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I hate flat paint I think its fugly and Burnishes...

but some like it and some have done it just search...and no you cannot wax flat... or at least you REALLY REALLY shouldnt haha

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I have always wanted to have my Balt Flat Black. And after going to the NY International auto show this past weekend It's official my car will soon be just that. I just wanted to know if there is anything to know about painting it flat black before doing it. Can I still wax it? ( Kinda pointless right)
This is something I have been thinking about doing for sometime now. I think it would be very unique. If you do it please post up some pics.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Roll/ spray it down with Rustoleum.. Hell I'm doing that when I get my Fiero, a murdered out roll on job with a shitload of sanding and then some :)

And I went to the auto show on sat, IMO it SUCKED!! A lot less cars than when I went back in 05, and those tuner cars they had in the basement- not enough at all. 212 Motoring and another shop were the only 2 shops with rides on display.. Boo.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
a couple guys on css painted theirs flat black. It looks really good actually

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
RATTLE CAN FTW:bigsmile:
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I know your being sarcastic, but there are DIY methods like the rustoleum methods that are proven. And remember, whatever painting it is... ITS ALL IN THE PREP!!! I can't stress that enough.

Then again the OP never specified if hes taking it to a shop or doing a DIY.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
got an air compressor? you can get a spray gun for like $50... and a decent one to, or just buy a good electric sprayer ($150 ishhh) they spray pretty ncie as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am doing this too. I'm making a painting shed in my driveway when it gets nicer out. will probably have a accent color to go with it though...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I would recommend using a flattening agent and still spraying clear coat over the top. this way the clear coat will protect the paint from UV rays and give it a long lasting life and it will still look flat with the flattening agent mixed in the clear.

Do it the correct way or it's gonna look like crap. shortcuts and cheap products = fail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.