Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was wondering if anyone else had an issue with the 2007 ls cobalt exhaust leak coming from the flex flange. Whats the easiest way to replace or do anything with it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
they do sell just the flex pipe piece. but it needs to be welded on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
custom exhaust shop would do it cheap... instead buying/replacing downpipe and for more money

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same issue with short ram header. I bougth a ZZP DP thinking this would fix the issue but it did not. It's not the DP its the short ram headers and they are junk. My next header will be long tube so I won't have this issue. I'm working on a custom gasket to fix this leak.I hope it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just fixed this problem on mine about 2 weeks ago, took it to the local exhaust shop and they put a new flex/flange on, but it is a woven mesh style instead of the stock piece. Should hold up much better. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
how much was that?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Unfortunately I think I have that problem now. It sounds almost like a hissing under the dash when I accelerate. But I'm planning on getting header/dp soon so not too worried.

·
Registered
680 Posts
This seems to be a common problem, as it plagues even me. Do yourself a favor and pick up a decent header/dp combo (ZZP midlength perhaps?) and kill two birds with one stone. That's what I did.
Once I get the cash that will be my next project. It's also causing a lot of vibration in the rest of the exhaust. I'm hoping its just that broken flex.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.