Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know a good positive lead for some flood lights? I was going to buy two 12 inch smd strips and put them under the front doors to give light when I open the doors. Anyone know which lead? I plan on putting it on the bottom of each front door and drill into the door panels and run the wires like that. Thoughts? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Let me check I believe there is a ''how to''

Pin A3 and A10

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's what I did...

I got an on/off switch ($0.99) and spliced into the wiring in my map lights (2 door). I did this because when you open the doors, the map lights turn on. I ran this power wire to the "off" side of the switch. From there, I ran it through the lights to a ground.

Next, i got an "add a circuit" from Canadian Tire (Pep Boys is comparable I think) and ran a constant power to the "on" side of the switch, then through the lights and obviously to a ground.

This gives you full control of the lights turning on when opening the doors and also whenever else you want. The 2 door with a sunroof didn't come with a dome light, so this is good when you need to find something stuck in the back seat.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Message me on here or personal message if you need more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was going to suggest running the wires into the dome light/map light like was suggested by RanMan77, until i saw the dates on the thread. hope everything came out for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.