Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i've been looking around and was wondering those of you with the diamond plate floor mats. they look amazing and where did you get them? really what i'm trying to get at is who has the best ptice and quality? i want the ones that are just metal. no backing or edge trim just plain polished diamond plate. thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I got mine from cobalt addiction.. But you have to bend them yourself and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the drivers side right.. Honestly I'd say ho to a hardware store and buy some dimond plate and make them yourself..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking, maybe model it up and have my buddy blast it out on his cnc plasma. then i'd have to polish it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah if i had the tools and know how at the time I would have made mine for sure!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i'll try it this summer because i will have weekends off so more time for me. i'm a mechanical/aerospace engineering student at nmsu and i have a good friend that just graduated that owns a machine shop so i'm sure he'd let me use his shop. if they come out good maybe i'll try to make them and sell em.... you're on here just about as much as i am.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I got from ebay and it's plastic mats don't fiddle and hassle your self with real metal. Plastic= easier to take out and bend to keep dirt on mat to take out and clean. ;)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I got from ebay and it's plastic mats don't fiddle and hassle your self with real metal. Plastic= easier to take out and bend to keep dirt on mat to take out and clean. ;)
Metal > plastic.. The metal will last as long as the car will. Those plastic mats will look like crap after a few years..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have to agree with daman i've seen those plastic ones dry out and crack. thats just something that i don't want to happen. especially because i live in the desert it's way too hot. i don't want to fake it and then get cracks becuase then it's really obvious. thanks for the input tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.