Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Doesn't seem like your a/c compressor getting the leak. Check for radiator fluid :)

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So get back to my car and it had stopped leaking. Took the cap off the resivore and started the car and it started leaking again. Put the cap on tight turned it off and it stopped. so my radiator is leakking gonna start a new thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Couldnt tell im at 104k are tose hoses due for a change?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I would first check your tie downs on the radiator hoses, they do come loose after usage and wear/tear. That would be my first and cost free concern. Next would be inspecting the hoses for cracks, tears, or leaks (especially near the connectors). Last resort, you can get from autozone a pressure tester which you install where your radiator cap goes onto, pump it to the correct OEM psi setting and see if it leaks. If so, new radiator is required, if not, hoses, waterpump, or tie straps are no good.

It would cost around $15 for a radiator tester and you can easily put it back in the packaging and do a return for it.

The only problem is that our GM vehicles use Dex Cool, which is orange in color. May be an oil cooler or some other cooler in front of radiator or side mounted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.