Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any1 installed a Frenza flywheel on a 2.2? Is it worth installing, or should I stay with the stock 1?

R

·
0 Posts
Has any1 installed a Frenza flywheel on a 2.2? Is it worth installing, or should I stay with the stock 1?
Thats what I am debating on my 2.4 also. Is the light weight flywheel worth it.
I have had one on a previous car with much less power and had mixed results.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Typically, any time you take weight away from what the engine has to move it will have a good result. Light weight pulleys and flywheels wont add any HP but they free up existing power. If you have the money to spend, it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The stock flywheel weighs about 30 lbs., the Fidanza unit is only 8 lbs. Hell of a drop, should let the engine rev real fast. I'd love to install one but untill my clutch goes splat I'm not dropping the tranny.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was what I was thinking. With the mods I've made, plus a turbo, what kind of clutch should I run? I know they have about 4 stages of them, but they all cost about the same. What do you guys think about the Centerforce Dual Friction set up?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would get an exedy stage II clutch with the fidanza flywheel. That way you can do both at the same time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the Exedy Stage II clutch better than the Centerforce Dual Friction set up?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hoew much powere are you wanting to achieve? Having a higher stage clutch also means it's harder to drive.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That was what I was thinking. With the mods I've made, plus a turbo, what kind of clutch should I run? I know they have about 4 stages of them, but they all cost about the same. What do you guys think about the Centerforce Dual Friction set up?
i was told those werent being made anymore, i tried to get one, but a week after ordering, i found out the code was non-existent, thus ending up putting a factory one back in:(

·
Registered
575 Posts
i was told those werent being made anymore, i tried to get one, but a week after ordering, i found out the code was non-existent, thus ending up putting a factory one back in:(
yuck that sucks man. I would go wiuth exedy stage II. It's just enough for street and i doubt ur gonna run crazy 400 whp kinda power. It also will not be THAt hard to drive. Driving a car with an afetrmarket clutch like a stage 3 or 4 is tough. It takes a lot of effort to just press it in and shift.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yuck that sucks man. I would go wiuth exedy stage II. It's just enough for street and i doubt ur gonna run crazy 400 whp kinda power. It also will not be THAt hard to drive. Driving a car with an afetrmarket clutch like a stage 3 or 4 is tough. It takes a lot of effort to just press it in and shift.
i have the strength for something like that, my friend has an 86 capri, stage 4 race clutch, twin turbo 4 cylinder RWD, 5 speed demon car!!!!

driven it, and man, was it a hoot!

·
Registered
575 Posts
holy crap dude! that's nuts a twin turbo capri? I want pictures!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
he is back in BC, dark blue with ghosted flames, matching dark blue rims sporting black metalflake, the sounsystem in it was a whole nother story, he installed fuel injection on it, with race injectors, never did dyno the darn thing, but it was a demon!!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
damn I wanted some pics sounds like a beast! All that power...holy crap. My buddy has a foxbody mustang with a supercharged 502 in it. he took it to t\he track, it had so much torque it rippled the quarter panels.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
my friends is only a little 4 banger found in that particular year of them

i tempted him to drag it to the trak, he was more concerned about losing the rubber on the tire due to burnouts than anything else, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.