Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gay 05 coupe dosnt have a aux hole thing so i'm thinkin bout gettin a fm transmitter, i heard that these things are really bad in quality like static or something; what brand is good??

like what is a brand that isnt too expensive (kinda cheap) but isnt poor quality??

and is there a way to tap into the wires of the headunit or some other converter so the music will sound pure and clean like as if i had a aux thing

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I went through 2 FM transmitters, i ended up taking both of them back and getting my money back! but my friend sold me his and it worked perfect, and recently it took a crap, so im just gonna go with a new stereo with Aux input. I think griffin is the best one though.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I did the same think I bought one of those FM T - but never again, this think is waist of money - I end up geting aftermarked stereo with aux and Ipod control

·
Registered
455 Posts
the only thing with the transmitters is you have to remember to put your mp3 player or iPod at only about half volume and just crank the stereo from your car. when you put the volume on the iPod up too loud the sound comes out distorted

·
Registered
79 Posts
The wireless transmitters sucks.

Get a wired transmitter and install an aux port for your factory radio. It costs about $40-50 and is an easy thing to install yourself.

A car audio place tried to charge me $200.00 for one installed. Took me 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my old car, it wasn't any more expensive for me to buy a cheap stereo with an aux port than it was to fuss around with a wireless transmitter. (my first $50 wireless transmitter was crap, and the next step up was $80).

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yeah, any good wireless transmitter would be upward of $50 and they SUCK! You just put in an amp and a sub, so just get an aftermarket stereo or hardwire something to your stock head unit...or use cd's, cuz if not it will not sound good and you won't be happy.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

Get a wired transmitter and install an aux port for your factory radio. It costs about $40-50 and is an easy thing to install yourself.

A car audio place tried to charge me $200.00 for one installed. Took me 1.5 hours.
do this... i have it in my car and it works great..

·
Registered
30 Posts

One of my buddies has one of those. Installing it in my car sometime shortly.

But for now, I got a Monster brand FM Transmitter. Seems to work pretty well. Get the odd static when I go downtown once in a while. But otherwise, it holds up quite nicely.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hey man im not a fan of FM transmitters since ive gone through like 2 of them, but I got some extra money for Christmas so I thought I would try again and I got the Griffin Itrip, and it works great. Just thought I would let you know my friend has one as well and it works good.

·
Registered
931 Posts
MY BUDDY TRYED THIS IN HIS 04 FOCUS... NOT WORTHIT but it was cool to tailgate him really close and be able to pic up his ipod lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah i bought it and it actually isnt that bad...it was about 55 dollars at walmart and hooks into only ipods, dosnt require batteries or chargers and its coool

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yea mines treatin me good so far...probably the best one ive had, just wish it didnt tone the volume down so much.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Monster was the best one I've used, but it's still not great. It would still go staticy on me if I went to far in any direction. If you can finad a cheapish one go for, but an aftermarket with an aux port sounds so much better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would say just go with a good aftermarket headunit. Many of them have both the aux input as well as usb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.